What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I'm Iris

• Thread starter Iris
  • Start date
I have lurked around these forums for a couple of months now, and finally decided to participate. I must admit it was a bit difficult to register, as the first account I tried I can't get to work. I have always been interested in plants, and have recently made a hobby out of them. I hope to learn a lot from the members of these forums and maybe have a little fun too.

Welcome Iris. Have you tried your hand at carnivorous plants yet?

I tried growing venus fly traps on two separate occasions several years ago, but both times they died because I did not know how to take care of them.  I currently have two pots of fly traps that I bought several months ago that are doing very well because of what I found out from websites and lurking around here.

Welcome Iris. We will be glad to assist you with your plantly endeavors.

It sounds like you've done some homework Iris. Take a look at the auction going on right now and the trading post. We'll help get you hooked on these plants real fast!
smile.gif

Welcome to TF! Feel free to ask questions. I know my frst several attempts with CP's were very lacking in good guidance and it took reading the book called, "Savage Garden" and stumbling upon the discussion forum to get things straightened out.

YaY horticulture/botany/Carnivorous planting Is fun!

WELCOME TO THE FOURMS!

Welcome to the forums Iris
cool.gif

wellcome to this nice place of Cp growers!

Welcome to the forums Iris!
biggrin.gif
We can help you green-up those thumbs for CPs.
smile.gif

dont feel bad about the VFT's, ive been growing CP's for about 4 years now. have had some great success with difficult species but i cant seem to get a VFT to survive more than about 8 months, its a conspericy i tell yah. try your hand at some Drosera, if yah cant get spatulata or capensis to grow than we will have to adjust the game plan but not being able to grow a VFT isnt the end of the world
smile_n_32.gif

Iris -
Welcome to the forum. (belatedly
smile_h_32.gif
)

Back