What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the forum

Hi guys. I'm new to the world of CP forums (not CP growing). I joined mainly to take part in the auction...but have been looking around and like what I see. Lots of nice people so far. I'm in the process of relocating to the D.C. area (which will be a dramatic change in my growing conditions)...so will need some tips. Thanks.

Manny Herrera

Welcome, Manny! It's good to have another experienced grower and good guy here, especially one whose name appears on my plant labels.
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

And there is the gentleman who beat me for the Okee Giant. Welcome to the forums, and I would have gotten ya had I not had a case when the auction was ending! LOL no hard feelings thats what auctions are about. Have fun!

Welcome aboard!

Thank you all. And JB...no hard feelings. If it's any consellation, you have a more lucrative job than I
smile_m_32.gif

LOL It's all good mfh again welcome. I was just harassing you about the plant. I will get one eventually.

I'd harrass you, but I've got no material. So just give me some time.
smile_n_32.gif
Good to have you as a member here! I hope you enjoyed the auction (even if it was partially to the chagrin of Josh here.)
laugh.gif

Hello Manny

I see you got the log in problem solved.  I let the owner Phil know you were having a problem.  
smile.gif

I hope you do stick around and participate.  Its nice having the auction bring in new members.  I'm glad you are moving to DC.  I consider that part of VA so that makes you another CPer in the state of Virginia (sort of).  hehe wooooooooohoooooooo!

I'm always trying to talk people into moving to VA so we can start a CP army and take over the world.  
smile_l_32.gif
  So far, no takers...  
confused.gif

But VA be home to the likes of Don Schnell, Bill Scholl, Phil Sheridan, John Hummer and Rob Sacilotto...just to name a few.

Welcome to TerraForums and I hope you hang out and have some fun.
smile.gif

Manny Herrera...like the nep Hybrid N. x Manny Herrera?!!?!? welcome to the boards!
alex

I have known of Manny for quite some time. Since he was really young. I remember hearing how his parents would take him to CP sites and reinforce his love of CP. GOOD PARENTS!!!!! He not only has the nep named after him, but he has a beautiful plant from Citronelle (Is the locale right, Manny?) also with his name . I believe it to be a s. X readii, and its beautiful, but Manny could tell you more about that than I, and with the proper ID!!!!!

WELCOME Mr. Herrera. I, for one, am pleased you are here! Good to have experience join us.

Thank you all again for such kind words and warm greetings.

Plantakiss...I will be in Alexandria. So yes...I will be a Virginian. I'd love to meet with fellow CPers in the area. I've met Phil, Don, and Bill...wonderful guys. Don was a great inspiration to me while I was a youngster growin CPs.

Steven...there is a Sarracenia cultivar named after me. It is actually a purpurea hybrid from Citronelle, Alabama. It is most likely purpurea x alata. But in that meltingpot it can be so many things.

Glider...N.mirabilis x khasiana is the hybrid referred to as N.'Manny Herrera'. It was the first Nep hybrid I ever made (along with Clyde Bramblett). I was about 14.

Thanks again all.

Thanks Manny! I may get facts mixed up in some instances, but I am glad I was closer to the facts than usual!! LOL!!

Welcome Manny.  I look forward to sending you that okee giant you snatched from Josh.  Sorry Josh!  Couldn't resist.
smile_n_32.gif
  When you're relocated, I'll send the plant.  Enjoy the company of the forum.

AARRGGGGHHHH!! LMAO

smile_m_32.gif

You had to rub it in didn't you Joe!!!

Yeehaah! Take note folks...if you are into CPs...Virginia is the place to be. lol

I've been to Old Town Alexandria several times but that was a long time ago. And my brother got married there. (Bet he wishes he could have a "do over" on that one
laugh.gif
)

Welcome Manny!

I've been too busy processing payments from the auction to check this forum out....Glad I took a break.

Now I know to make sure I get the okee giant payment from the right person!
laugh.gif

Ahh Schloaty I wouldn't try something underhanded like that. I know your already going through alot without someone trying to scam a plant from someone.
smile.gif

Welcome. Always nice to see new blood, especially an associate of Clyde Bramblett. (His was the only cp nursery I ever visited)

Back