What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget to add a PIC

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
If you'd like to, you can add a photo to our Photo Topic pinned to the top of the General Forum.

We like seeing all our friends. Check it out...see who it is you're chatting plants with.
smile.gif

Since posting a photo involves having one with an URL, here is a great site I use for photos:http://photobucket.com/

It's free and easy (at least to me).

I tried photobucket, and I didn't like it. From what I remember, my biggest problem with them was that you couldn't divide your pics into separate folders. All your pics were lumped together. It may have changed since I tried it, that was about 3 years ago.

The pic hosting site I use now is ringo. It's free, you have a 10 mb limit per photo. No bandwidth to worry about. And you can organize your pics anyway you want.

You can now make folders/albums in photobucket.

Scot

You can now have different folders in photobucket. That would be annoying without it, though.

xvart.

....I wonder if we could now make folders in photobucket.... hmmm *ponders*

teeheehee

Well that's cool, but I'm so happy with ringo, that I doubt I'll change over at this point. It'll be a pain to move all my pics anyway. But to give others the best option, Is there a limit in on photo size or number of pics you can have. Can you upload multiple pics, or one a t a time? Can you give friends access to your pics?

That's all the questions I have, if anybody can think of more please post em.

....I wonder if we could now make folders in photobucket.... hmmm *ponders*

teeheehee

Haha. I got distracted by the wife when posting and didn't look back afterwards...

Can you upload multiple pics, or one a t a time? Can you give friends access to your pics?

Yes, and yes. Photobucket recently added a new feature (although technically I think it's a beta) called bulk uploading and it works really well. And you can share photo albums and individual pictures.

xvart.

how do you post a photo?

I was wondering how do you post a photo. I couldn't find any links for doing so.:-(

To embed a photo in a post:

First, upload your photo onto a hosting website. There are lots of websites where you can register an account for free: Flickr, Picasa, and Photobucket are examples.

(If you are a "Thank You" member, you may also host photos on TerraForums. More information on that, including how to post those photos, is in this thread: http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109464)

From there, depending on which service you used:

• Flickr: The image will appear in your photostream. Click on the image you want. From this screen, near the top are a pair of grey buttons that say "Actions" and "Share this". Click "Share this", and from the drop-down menu select "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Copy-and-paste the HTML code it gives you directly into your TerraForums post.
  • Picasa: Click on the album, and click on the image you want. On the right-hand side of the screen is a link that says "Link to this Photo". Select options that you want - size, and whether you want to include links to the album - and copy-and-paste the "Embed image" code directly into your TerraForums post.
  • Photobucket: Hover your mouse over the image you want, and there will be a drop-down list with links and codes. Copy-and-paste either the HTML or the IMG code directly into your TerraForums post.

(If anybody wants to include instructions for another service, PM me and I'll add it to this list. Thanks!!)

Another option is to, again, host your image on a website or service such as this. From the image page, right-click (Mac: control-click) the photo and select "Copy Image Location." In your TerraForums post, click the "Insert Image" formatting button -- which looks like a mountain range with a little sun over it. A window will pop up, where you can Paste the image location. (If it posts a second http:// at the beginning, be sure to delete that.) However, be aware that the Terms of Service of your hosting website may not allow linking in this manner. For example, Flickr requires that your images link back to Flickr. So, check the ToS of your hosting website before posting an image.

Back