What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to introduce myself

I just realize I never posted here despite being a forum member for some time.
I am a not quite yet 40 guy living in central NJ with my wife and two kids. I grew up not too far away in Philadelphia and Bucks County, Pa but work brought us to NJ. I have a small home in a nice, suburban area. I have always had a passion for biology and plants and have made that my hobby and career. I have always liked carnivorous plants, and Sarracenia have always been my favorite. I also have a few VFTs and sundews floating around among the Sarrs, and hopefully will have some germinating Cephalotus soon. I do not grow any Nepenthes or Heliamphora as I do not really have the right conditions for them. My family always comes first and gets most of my time and attention, but besides the cps I also enjoy other gardening (vegetables, perennials, natives, Arisaema, Hosta, etc.), some houseplants (esp. some Monsteras and philodendrons collected myself in South America), tropical fish, box turtles, traveling etc.. I have patience and enjoy propagating my own material, growing from seed, etc. Enjoy these forums and reading about everyone's plants and experience! I am mostly on the Sarracenia forum.

Hi Woodnative - (nice name)
smile.gif

Sounds like you've got an ideal situation. Congrats! And good luck with the Ceph seeds.
smile.gif

Welcome to TF! Until recently, we were living in nearby Berks County.

Good greif they are coming out of the woodwork (pun for Jim) around here. Welcome !

I've have seen you around for a while. Glad to have you here. You sounds just like the kinda person who fits right in with all the other CP and plant/nature loving folks here at TF.
smile.gif

Back