What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Pressent and Accounted for

Hello fellow growers of plants that eat flesh. I am Doug of the land of Kentucky, USA. I've been growing CPs for around 5 years and have had my ups and downs. Mainly due to Kentucky's bipolar winters and seasons. Though trial and error I have learned more about growing these wonderful creations. I have around 20 plants I think most being outdoor plants. My favorite CP of them all is Darlingtonia. I sometimes consider myself and carnivorous plant evangelist as I tend to speak about CPs at any chance I get, and try to enlighten the people that I meet about the world of CPs.

In non-CP related information... I am a student at the University of Kentucky. I am majoring in biotechnology with aspirations of becoming a college proffessor and researcher. One of my favorite cartoon series is Futurama. Father Ted is another series that I am a fan of. And one other random factoid about me is.... I have an artifical lens in my right eye due to an acident with a pocket knife while trying to make a rain gauge out of a coke bottle when I was young.

KENTUCKY! i live in louisville....but uh i think UL is gonna win today! heck we have to share info on how to grow CPs in our old Kentucky home! PM me if you have gone through a dormancy here with CPs outside.
Alex

Welcome to TerraForums! I hear ya about being a CP evangelist. I gave away easy sundews to ~10 of my co-workers, when I was working for an laboratory.

And while Alex hails from the Louisville area, I spent a year in (Bloody) Breathitt County, Jackson area, ~90 miles ESE of Lexington. Ever hear of Oakdale?

Sorry, I can't say that I have heard of Oakdale. I orignally hail from extreme western Kentucky where the Ohio and Mississippi meet. So my experience with Eastern Kentucky is limited.

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAntiLion @ Sep. 03 2006,11:20)]Sorry, I can't say that I have heard of Oakdale. I orignally hail from extreme western Kentucky where the Ohio and Mississippi meet. So my experience with Eastern Kentucky is limited.
LOL! Oakdale is what was described as a 'community'. The county seat is in Jackson, which is also a small town. There really wasn't much around there, except for Kudzu. Lexington was the biggest city around. I also had an environmental job where I did a lot of travelling. Spent a lot of time in Campbellsville, KY. Ever hear of it?

Back