What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Treefrog of CANADA with photos

Hi, my name is Mathieu and I'm 24. I live in Montréal CANADA and study in ecology. I'm pretty new to carnivorous plants but I've been building tropical terrariums for a long time. I love creating tropicals habitats were I can watch all my favourite orchids, ferns, bromeliads with my small treefrogs and dendrobates. My main interest in carnivorous plants are the tropicals one; mostly nepenthes, pinguicula and the awesome UTRICULARIA that I just discover.
Well, that's about it, I hope to have fun with you all.

Here are some pics of my terra, frogs and growing tank
xvwl_terra1.jpg

gtera1.jpg

ptera1.jpg

ptera2.jpg

Here are some forgs
amazo.jpg

babyhahneli2.jpg

And finally, my carnivour plant terrarium
cp1.jpg

cp2.jpg

Hope you like

Hi Mathieu,welcome to the forum!For some reason I can't see your pictures,maybe a hosting problem?

Jerry

It's some kinda problem, to be sure.. Hullo again Treefrog, BTW

If you really wana see 'em before the problem is fixed, right-clik and get the properties then copy and paste the location.. seems low-tech but it works, he has some real nice terrarium pics

Ah, now I can see them. Very nice terrariums!

What Nepenthes do you grow?

Hope the pictures work this time
cp1va6.jpg

cp2bq3.jpg

gtera1kn1.jpg

terra1lz2.jpg

The nepenthes I grow are:
-ephipiata
-sibuyanensis
-tobaica
-truncata
-alata
-spathulata
-talagensis
-muluensis x lowii
-macfarlanei
-mikei
-ampullaria
-gymnamphora

go to Photobucket.com and upload your images there. then copy and paste the code. welcome to the forums! quite a nice variety of neps you have. are they all pitchering?
Alex

Hi, Yes they all have pitcher even if they are fearly young

Welcome to CP... I mean OC... I mean TerraForums! Lots - O - green!

Hello and welcome to the forums.
smile.gif
Couldn't see the first set of pics but I see the others. Beauiful job with the plants and tanks. Nice jewel orchid.

Glad to see another Canadian join the ranks.

Carl...are you the Ambassador of Canada for TerraForums? lol

Yes, matter of fact I am, tho it isn't a very well-paid position, I don't even have a company vehicle
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Treefrog, those are some beauty tanks, eh??

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]eh??
thats waht i love about canada! the accent! "So those are meat eating plants eh?"....haha
Alex

EDIT dont get me rong im not making fun of ya

Welcome! You have a beautiful setup!

"Carl...are you the Ambassador of Canada for TerraForums? lol "

No he isn't! I am!

Back