What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My name is Ron

I am brand new here. I have been growing CP's off and on for over 20 years. Well I am back again. I currently grow cephalotus "hummers giant", Drosera sp., and a couple of Nepenthes. So, my question is how do I set up a garage system for growing cooler temperature plants? Sources for equipment is actually what I am having trouble with. Anyone have a good grow system that I can emmulate?

Welcome to TF Ron, my name is Ron too
smile.gif
. As for the garage thing, I can't really help you much, as I grow my plants in a portable greenhouse which i keep indoors with fluorescent lights.

Welcome, Ron. I am afraid that I can't help you with a garage system either; I currently grow out of a built in shelf above my closets which makes my plants 6 feet of the ground! I would recommend searching through the Terrarium, Greenhouse, and Bog garden forum because there are lots of posts there about different growing apparatuses.

xvart.

Welcome to TF! I use window sills, outside, closet, and an attic.

Hi Ron

Welcome to TerraForums! And glad you returned to the hobby.
smile.gif

Your questions would be better answered if you posted it in another forum. I'd suggest maybe the Terrarium/Greenhouse topic? Lot o' techno-nerds in there like Andrew (hope he doesn't come in here and see that
confused.gif
)...or you could try the General forum too. This area doesn't get as much traffic as other forums dedicated to specific topics.

Good luck and hope to see you around!

Suzanne/PAK

Back