What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metranisome

When Time Stood Still
Hi everyone!

I’m new to CP growing and am very interested in growing them and getting more!
I’ve just started a terrarium and am taking my collection as seriously as I can afford (for now)
It’s not too big (just a 50 gallon reptile tank) converted to a terrarium with 2 florescent 4 foot lights for plenty of light, and some glass sheeting to keep the humidity in...
Soo far I only have 3 carnivorous plants (2 nepenthes and a butterwort that are store bought) and an Amorphophallus in it, but I hope to expand to have some unique nepenthes and some bladderworts. I can’t wait to learn more on care and raising plants and to get some new unique plants to add to my collection!
oh.gif

Welcome to terraforums! You are off to a great start.

Welcome, it will be full before you know it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Metranisome @ Nov. 15 2006,1:01)]I can’t wait to learn more on care and raising plants and to get some new unique plants to add to my collection!  
oh.gif
You've certainly come to the right place. There have been many afternoons at the office where I have spent using the search function and reading and learning and reading and learning and.... well, I'm sure you get the picture.

Welcome!

xvart.

Welcome to TF! I'm sure that someday soon you'll be wanting a some more plants, so pay attention to the Trading Post Forum for offerings.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I fell like I'm going to fit in well and have some great opportunities to learn everything I need to know about CP growing! By the way Xvart, that sounds just like me! Soo far I’ve done research on all the plants I want before I get them! I already have a good idea of what I’m going to get!

Ohh and also, on my tank I have 2 florescent 4 foot lights (as I mentioned) but that are 6500K and 2800 lumens each, do you think this is enough? Is far as I’ve seen it seems to be plenty of light but I want to make sure! (Cant be too cautious!)
wink.gif.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Metranisome @ Nov. 15 2006,7:18)]Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I fell like I'm going to fit in well and have some great opportunities to learn everything I need to know about CP growing!
Everything? We're good, and some of us (not me though) know quite a bit about various CPs, but we're still learning!
wink.gif.gif
Now if you want to know how to screw something up just drop me a PM
slap.gif
jestera.gif

Welcome to the Forums!
welcome.gif

ok... I fell like I'm going to fit in well and have some great opportunities to learn Almost everything about growing CPs
tounge.gif

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Metranisome @ Nov. 15 2006,8:18)]Ohh and also, on my tank I have 2 florescent 4 foot lights (as I mentioned) but that are 6500K and 2800 lumens each, do you think this is enough? Is far as I’ve seen it seems to be plenty of light but I want to make sure! (Cant be too cautious!)
wink.gif.gif
I don't have a tank, but I use four 4 foot lights that are 34 watt and 2700 lumens each. When I get around to it I'm going to switch two of them out to get a different part of the spectrum. I have a bunch of different CPs underneath, but it is pretty full underneath if you can imagine the space underneath two four foot shop lights. And this seems to be working nicely for a little over a month.

xvart.

Ah, welcome, (I'm pretty new also) your off to a great start. you should start a grow list. It'll be neat to see what you add to your collection

welcome.gif
Welcome to the CP addicts forum...I mean, CP hobbyists. hehe Won't take long before you MUST...HAVE...MORE!

Have fun!

Back