What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok Here It Goes

• Thread starter FarmerDave
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 08 2006,7:52)]... and punished men by making us deal with the women.
This reminded me of something I once heard:

"I think gay people should be allowed to get married because they have just as much right to be as miserable as the rest of us."

lol.

xvart.

To FARMER DAVE:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ok Here It Goes

I'm Gay!

I had to let some stress off of my back so there it is.

This is my first big 'thing'

Clint has helped my a lot, and I'm glad he is here to help me

just wanted to let everyone know.
clap9re.gif
clap9re.gif
clap9re.gif
clap9re.gif
clap9re.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (rattler_mt @ Dec. 08 2006,8:52)
yah know..................ive spent minimal time in church and im fully aware of what Outsiders point is there.........................sheesh

BTW God doesnt hate gays...........hes just mad they found a loop hole........he cast humans out of the garden of eden, punished women by giving them cramps and having them bleed for a week out of the month and punished men by making us deal with the women. the dang gay guys just found a loop hole outa the punishment................
tounge.gif

LOL!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LOL LOL LOL!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Dec. 08 2006,8:40)]
Stand firm in the truths of the Bible and put on the armor of God. Pray that they may one day seek these truths for themselves. <3.
Is that like the armor that the righteous soldiers of freedom wear over yonder in Iraq? Are gay people allowed to wear that mighty armor? The whole idea that pursuit of sexual pleasure is somehow a pursuit of evil... man, Christians can get mixed up sometimes. Isn't it possible that the bible originally said "thou shalt pleasure thy partner," and it got lost in translation over the conservative decades into, "thou shalt occasionally pleasure thy wife strictly for the purpose of making babies"?

thats not quite what i took his post to say...........

my interpretation of his post is that he believes the ACT of homosexuality is a sin, however he also believes that every human commits sin. he isnt placing that sin as being any worse than any of the other sins................

how far am i off Outsiders?

I believe the bible says that all sins are equal in the eyes of god.

correct me if i'm wrong

throckmoron stop being stupid look at every thing open youre mind..

its the act thats wrong having the feelings isn't... I have gay feelings but I still try to defend christiantiy

Based on some things you say I'm not sure why you defend Christianity. Having your moral codes bound into a system of, dare I say, bureaucratic hierarchical structures of people, is not opening your mind. I say defend your morality/ethics, wherever that stands. I don't defend religion, it's too riddled with emotional hijinx and hidden agendas.

And we were almost back on topic... Maybe the discussion that is about to occur would be best handled in the private message format...

xvart.

defending and understanding are two different things.................understanding someones train of thought usually has more to do with being familiar enough with their knowlege not to be totally lost. a am not a christian, i have issues with the christian faith but ill also be the first to admit ive had my arse handed to me in more than one religious debate........i usually learn quite a bit in these even if i get the snot beat out of me in them cause anymore i only debate religion with ppl i respect and who respect me..............

You know what's infuriating god right now? The lack of freeflowing goodwill on the trade chain right now. Everyone hop on and offer something up. By the way, sorry Dave, had to jump into the dogpile. Congratulations, I think it is wonderful that you are opening up to folks about your mode of being.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (throckmoron @ Dec. 08 2006,10:04)]Congratulations, I think it is wonderful that you are opening up to folks about your mode of being.
This is what I would like to see more of in this thread. And remember the old expression, if you can't say anything nice...

Please do not turn this thread into a debate about religion, God's views of homosexuality or anything other than what Dave was looking for--support.

I know some of you just had to post your beliefs, and that's fine but there is nothing more really that can be said that hasn't already been stated.

Every member here is valued for their opinions and who they are. Please allow Dave that courtesy and continue to offer support if you feel so inclined.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 08 2006,9:47)]thats not quite what i took his post to say...........

my interpretation of his post is that he believes the ACT of homosexuality is a sin, however he also believes that every human commits sin. he isnt placing that sin as being any worse than any of the other sins................

how far am i off Outsiders?
Your 100% correct and this is what God believes for He says it so in the Bible.

However the post throckmoron is talking about is the post I directed to Cody about defending the faith.

GOD DOESN'T WANT MONEY! THAT DOESN'T GET YOU INTO HEAVEN!

are you kidding me... seriosly

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]However the post throckmoron is talking about is the post I directed to Cody about defending the faith.

ahhhhhh.............i wasnt 100% sure who he was refering to as i thought it COULD be refering to any of the other half dozen arguments ive been in this week on here
tounge.gif

Nepenthes AK, what are you talking about? Money? I'm talking about the trade chain here on TF-- it's great, I think it typifies a kind of exchange that is very healthy for all of us who are so mired into the indirect valuation of our existence that money and stratified economic structure bring about. Okay, that's making it sound way too deep, trading is good, giving is good, come enjoy the sinless pleasures of both on the trade chain. Sorry again Dave for my shameless hijacking of this thread. I will conclude my participation in the religious based hijacking of the thread by saying: I think your god loves you, whoever you are and whoever he/she is.

No sorry, not quite done, what is it with Christians? Why is it always about what "gets you into heaven"? It's like morality is some game show where "ya gotta go for the grand prize", it's gross. I feel violated like I did as a child, hearing the "word of god" read to me out of a book of mediocre dogma.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why is it necessary to share your private sexual orientation? If anything you just need to be honest with yourself and the people that love you in real life.
he has a good point.

other people are right though. i think its good you got it off your chest. but only part has been lifted. once you tell your family and friends... you will feel much better. a little awkward...but you will feel much better. Congrats on getting the courage to say somthing like this!
smile.gif

Alex

rock..................if yah like reading you might want to check out Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis.................im about half way through it(thin book but i havent been reading much) and its an interesting read, even for a non christian................was recommended to me by one of the individuals i debate religion with a great deal(and who has beat me black and blue in the discussions)

hey farmer dave,

like ozzy said, wouldn't it be great if everyone's reaction were, "so what?" but since that isn't exactly the case, kudos to you for being honest with yourself and comfortable enough to share with us (peanut gallery and all)!

a good friend of mine is gay, and for years he was too terrified to tell anybody (he lived in a region that isn't very tolerant). and he's only worked up the courage to tell a couple of us, his college friends. it just makes me so sad that he's lived so much of his life in fear. i hope that negative climate improves soon.

anyway...I'm glad you got it off your chest!
smile.gif

Back