What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok Here It Goes

• Thread starter FarmerDave
  • Start date
Ugh... nicotine time. I'm gonna go loath myself for indirectly causing the downfall of a happy occassion.

Thats an issue within christain groups and how people veiw them. It has nothing to do with me or what I said. I'm not going to pretend that all christains are good just to make other christans happy.

In other words, how the radical christians causes all christians look bad is thier problem, not mine. Same as the muslims.

I'm going to fly my apache. later.

But what you said didn't help ANY thing, its not right and you still don't make it clear in you're point, true that would take away from the "funniness" of you're so called "joke"

it still pisses people off doesn't it?

ITS not right.

Do you really have a helicopter?

man that's awesome!

Thanks for the support everyone!

and no I haven't really 'come out' to anyone but you guys and JLAP.

I perfectly fine, and i wasn't offended by any of the posts, I was just held up on the comp for a while and wasn't able to read or post.:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Farmer Dave @ Dec. 08 2006,4:20)]Ok Here It Goes

I'm Gay!

I had to let some stress off of my back so there it is.
Farmer Dave,

I hope your life is less stressful now. Not to repeat my question, but have you talked to other friends and family or come out to them? The reason I ask is because I would be curious how the experience of letting this online community know compares to letting someone in your home community know with respect to stress, anxiety, and feelings of self. Of course, you do not have to answer any of these questions.

I was going to say in my last post that although I havn't been a member of TF for very long I have been impressed with this online community, despite occasional outbursts. I have been a member of many online forum communities, but have never felt the connection that I have felt with this one, so I completely understand why you would express such a deep and personal thing with us. I hope that the few pages of unrelated banter do not make you regret your decision to post.

Again, we are all happy for you!

xvart.

edit: well I guess we were posting at the same time. I just read the message above... lol. You should be proud.

edit: thanks JLAP... lol. What a terrbile mistake!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ Dec. 08 2006,8:20)]BUT PEOPLE AS A WHOLE VIEW ALL CHRISTIANS UNDER THE SAME darn ROOF! SO MAKING 1 CHRISTIAN SECT/DENOMINATION LOOK CRAPPY MAKES THEM ALL LOOK CRAPPY HENCE WHY I SUPPORT CHRISTIANITY BUT HAVE A STRONG DISLIKE FOR CHRISTIANS!
Why get all bent out of shape about people trying to give Christians a bad reputation? This is a ploy that many have tried to use since the beginning to discredit Christ and His followers. Jesus Himself warned you about this. Stand firm in the truths of the Bible and put on the armor of God. Pray that they may one day seek these truths for themselves. <3.

that should be do not lol

Alright, alright.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know just how you feel dude. Personally, I support forests but have a strong dislike for trees. They get in your way so you can't see!

:chuckle: The problem is that if someone has a hard time with enterpriting Ozzy's post, I'm not sure if they'll grasp this one either.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But what you said didn't help ANY thing, its not right and you still don't make it clear in you're point, true that would take away from the "funniness" of you're so called "joke"

Cody, there's a degree of enterpritation required for Ozzy's post, mmkay? The point is not to single you out, single your affiliations with any groups out, or any named entity.

The point is merely that there'll be times when Dave's choice will lead to difficulties in his life, and a well-wishing that Dave should not suffer unfair or malicious treatment based merely on the fact that he being himself.

Fair enough? You want to make it more diplomatic yet, then shoot me a pm.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why is it necessary to share your private sexual orientation? If anything you just need to be honest with yourself and the people that love you in real life.

I believe the idea was merely that Dave's trying to get comfortable in his skin having made a realization about himself. The point isn't to impress his feelings upon anyone, merely being open about himself. Sure nobody needs to proclaim aspects of themselves, but it can make communication with those around us a more meaningful experience, and sometimes keeping things inside can be detrimental. For instance, you don't need to share your religious standpoints, views, or associations, but you feel that you either wish to, or have an obligation to- and that if you don't you wont feel right. Same deal here.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do you really have a helicopter?

man that's awesome!

All of the mods do. Didn't you know? I'm patiently awaiting mine in the mail.

Wait- I'm allowed to tell them members about our perks, right?
Well, since I'm at it: The dental plan ROCKS.

laugh.gif

Oh don't worry, the 'childish' banter that occured doesn't mean anything at all, and i'm kinda glad that it happened because it helped to liven it up a little bit.

As for the reason about me coming out in terra forums, well it's probably because you all seem much ,more accepting than the people around me at the moment ( and if it gets out of hand, i just don't have to read your posts)

No i haven't come out to anyone else, mostly because of prety much the same reason as just previously described. Also It is much easier to type this stuff then to look someone in the eyes and say it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 08 2006,8:41)]that should be do not lol
I know that would be your prayer but Jesus loves us all, straight, gay, bi, trans, murderer, pedophile, rapist, racist, etc.... We're all sinners you just happen to be ailing from a different one. <3.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Dec. 08 2006,7:42)]I believe the idea was merely that Dave's trying to get comfortable in his skin having made a realization about himself. The point isn't to impress his feelings upon anyone, merely being open about himself. Sure nobody needs to proclaim aspects of themselves, but it can make communication with those around us a more meaningful experience, and sometimes keeping things inside can be detrimental. For instance, you don't need to share your religious standpoints, views, or associations, but you feel that you either wish to, or have an obligation to- and that if you don't you wont feel right. Same deal here.
smile.gif
Big bad mod, Est - very nice post. I think that is a near perfect way to put it.

xvart.

Lawdy lawd- I gone done made a conciliatory-only post.

Dave, I'm glad that you've been exploring your identity. Learning and accepting who and what you are is an important part of life. Even if that means that you're not something that you used to think yourself to be.

Human beings are dynamic beings and we live in a dynamic universe. I would invite you to continue exploring yourself and finding out how you can best flow with your universe. I'd also invite you to keep posting in the manner that you have. That is, I'm glad to see you expressing yourself in a nonconfrontational way- whether we agree with the subject matter or not, it's an invaluable skill to hone.

Peace.
wink.gif.gif

--edit--
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Big bad mod, Est - very nice post. I think that is a near perfect way to put it.

Dag nabbit, that's the one part I don't like about the mod mantle: I'd have made that post regardless of membership status (um, unless I was banned and couldn't post at all.)
tounge.gif
Glad you liked it.
wink.gif.gif

I don't know what you're talking about outsiders.

Neither do I, but I guess that it doesn't really matter, because to me: "what you don't know can't hurt you"

And that's the way I live with religion, if i don't get into it then the less i know and the less i have to worry about:)

Such as this topic:)
smile.gif

yah know..................ive spent minimal time in church and im fully aware of what Outsiders point is there.........................sheesh

BTW God doesnt hate gays...........hes just mad they found a loop hole........he cast humans out of the garden of eden, punished women by giving them cramps and having them bleed for a week out of the month and punished men by making us deal with the women. the dang gay guys just found a loop hole outa the punishment................
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ Dec. 08 2006,7:46)]Dag nabbit, that's the one part I don't like about the mod mantle: I'd have made that post regardless of membership status (um, unless I was banned and couldn't post at all.)
tounge.gif
Glad you liked it.
wink.gif.gif
I didn't think otherwise, I just thought it was a verg diplomatic response. Anyways, we all hope you don't get banned already!

xvart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Dec. 08 2006,8:47)]I don't know what you're talking about outsiders.
My bad. I thought when you said "do not" you were responding to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 08 2006,8:52)]yah know..................ive spent minimal time in church and im fully aware of what Outsiders point is there.........................sheesh

BTW God doesnt hate gays...........hes just mad they found a loop hole........he cast humans out of the garden of eden, punished women by giving them cramps and having them bleed for a week out of the month and punished men by making us deal with the women. the dang gay guys just found a loop hole outa the punishment................
tounge.gif
LOL!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back