What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

stacker

slightly askew
So, I was shopping at Lowes early last month. I go cruising past the tropical plants, and I see these little cubes on clearance. The plants werent in great shape but I figured what the heck. So for 10 bucks I came home with a S. rubra, N. ventricosa(I think), a VFT and D. adelae(I think). So I came home and got online to see how to take care of them and I found you guys. And here I thought that I could put all of these plants in my little 3 gallon aquarium....silly me:crazy: All plants have been repotted. Currently my S. rubra is sitting in the window until it warms up outside. My VFT is sitting under its own lamp on top of the dishwasher and the Nep and the Drosera are in the 3 gal. I realize that the 3gal is gonna get too small very quickly, I have a 10 gal that currently has baby cories(fish) in it, as soon as the are big enough to go into my community tank I will clean it out and switch it to a plant tank. All plants are growing, pitchering, dewing. And now I am completely obsessed. And I can't wait to increase my collection. I wanted to register so I could say thank you all for your help. THANKS!!:hail:

Welcome home, Stacker! Yes, they are an addiction. I love it! You will find the folks here to be helpful, and willing to give plants at the drop of a hat. Some VERY knowledgable people here like Joseph Clemens, Philcula, Tony Paroubek, and one mean curmudgeon by the name of Ozzy! Watch your step with him! He may lure you to North Carolina for a personal tour of VFT land! Welcome!!!!

Yeah, and there is some guy that goes by the name of Bugweed that's forgotten more about CPs than I'll ever learn...

Welcome to Terra Forums.

Thanks for the welcome Bugweed. This forum has been so informative, I've done alot of trolling thru the older threads and still theres more info. How cool to live where there are CPs in the wild. I'm always looking for a reason to road trip.:crazy:

Then go, Stacker! The Green Swamp in late spring is incredible. Beware the dreaded Ozzy!

You know Not a Number I looked at Bugweeds sig and wondered to myself, founder of the NASC? Hum I wonder if that means the North American Sarracenia Conservancy. Holy moley I ought to listen.

Hello Slightly Askew Stacker

We like slightly askew! Welcome aboard. Your story is like so many...get one or two plants...you're hooked. Join the obsession. :)

Suzanne/PAK

Yo Dude:-D

Kinda reminds me of me. I mean, I had plants before, but never got hooked; until now that is. Maybe I'll get some of these instead of snakes? Yes, I have a small garter.

And I have 2 Desert Kingsnakes. And about a ton of plants.

Welcome aboard. Good luck with your Lowe's plants. At least you have repotted them already. The ones I rescued I simply drilled holes in the bottom and kept them like that for almost six months. I have just started to repot them.

xvart.

Back