What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey new to this

• Thread starter D4170
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
Hello

Im new to this and i was wondering if there were any canadian members here and if so where they got their plants/seeds i was wanting to start growing these plants ( venus fly traps in particular ) ok im sure ill ahve more questions to come thanks eveyone.

Welcome to TF. I would contact Mabudon and/or Sib / Syble.

look up varev too. he grows some nice looking VFTs in a terrerium in his dorm. Welcome to TF!!
Alex

Welcome, Northerner! Do you have any CPs yet? Or are you just wanting to get started? If so, there are tons of resources here. Since you expressed an interest in VFTs you should definately check out how people up your way grow them, especially in the winter. I am constantly amazed at the process of wintering temperamental plants so far up north. Where in Canada are you located?

xvart.

Hi there and welcome!

Yes we have Canadian members. :)

I hope you join in and have some fun, learn some new things. :)

The only North American plants I've tried outside and failed with here in the Niagara area were D.filiformis var tracyii (I have yet to attempt some of the SE Pings but someday maybe- I have a feeling that they might not make it tho)

So it is NOT difficult to grow outdoors in much of the heavily populated areas of Canada

Welcome Aboard!

Back