What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New in West-Maryland.

Hey all, I don't remember how I got the link to this forum; probably when I was googling for answers about my sunders. :)

I've been growing carnivorous plants since october or so, I just love them. The area I live in is pretty swampy (isn't all of maryland though?) and there's lots of bugs this time of year. I have my plants in trays of water in a south facing windowsill, for now, with compact flourescents above them to supplement the sunshine. So far they are all diong well. :) I've only lost two plants, one of them was a deathcube from lowes (rset in peace little buddy) and the other was a spoonleaf sundew from a local nursery that succumbed to algar of all things. v.v I know better now.

I just repotted a bunch of my lance leaf plants and found all kinds of plantlets... so I cut them loose (with roots fo course) and now I have ten or so mini adelles and three big ones. Very very cool. I now have plants that will give me baby plants to give to friends adn family. Who would have thought! <3 <3 <3

ANyways so yeah I live in Frederick, MD and right now I'm kinda just lookign for nurseries or plant shops that are carnivorous plant friendly. So far, no luck though.

This may have been a lot of intro for an introduction thread >.> <.< Oh well!

Welcome! Sounds like you are off to a good start! Do you grow anything other than sundews? They really are good at catching bugs. I can't really see any leaves on my dews because of all the black carcauses.

I now have plants that will give me baby plants to give to friends adn family. Who would have thought! <3 <3 <3

Sounds like you will fit right in here! There are lots of generous growers around here.

xvart.

hey dude, pm me. There's a cp nursery in Rockville

Nice! Welcome to Terraforums!!!

Yo :)

Welcome to TF!

Hello there! I'm in VA so alllllllmost a neighbor. :)

Sundews rule! Your collection will grow if you hang around here.

Have fun!

ANyways so yeah I live in Frederick, MD and right now I'm kinda just lookign for nurseries or plant shops that are carnivorous plant friendly. So far, no luck though.
Welcome to the forum. You'll have better luck w/ online nurseries. Lots of selection & healthy plants (I think Andrew even got his started up recently). Local nursery people are frequently (not always) clueless about CPs.

A gazillion years ago I spent 6 months in Gaithersburg. Nice area but the traffic is crazy!!

Back