What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northwest Georgia loves CPs !!

bpullin

I drink to make others more interesting.
Hi Everyone,

Thought it's about time that I do the old introduce myself thing.

I live in Cartersville, GA, which is about 50 miles northwest of Atlanta up I-75. I am a computer network engineer.

I currently grow VFTs and Sarrs, and have just added a Nep and Ping for the fun of it. The VFT and Sarrs stay outside, unless temps drop to 25 or below. Then they visit the garage until it warms up over 32. Now I need to figure out how to care and feed the new arrivals.

I lurked on this forum for a little while. It was good to see that everyone is very supporting and helpful. Some forums and blogs get a little nasty and flame newbies or others who may have questions about the basics.

I got interested in carnivores back in junior high school. One of my science teachers had a big enclosed cabinet with a couple of terrariums in it filled with basic species. There weren't that many hybrids way back then. ('72-'74) and even fewer sources for the plants. I went through various periods of growing CPs with varying success. I got the bug again several years ago. We had just moved to Atlanta area from Cleveland, OH and visited the Botanical Gardens. Seeing the large patches of Sarrs, VFT and Neps just got me going again.

In addition to CPs, my wife Becca and I have 2 house bunnies, Tigger and Shadow. She has a little rabbit-based website that she created as well as a couple of online stores. She works as a web and graphic designer.

Thanks for allowing me to join, and for helping out when I needed it. I hope I get to return the favors. I love the auction. Never knew the NASC existed before this. Well done!

Tigger H. Bunny

Tigger.jpg

Shadow E. Bunny

Shadow.jpg

Welcome to TF. You're in prime CP growing territory so you'll have much to enjoy.

Wuv da wabbits :)

Welcome! Yeah, there's tons of people on here from your area. Are your house bunnies house broken? They are very cute.

xvart.

Welcome to TF!

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Tropicals always give me fits, so I will do what I can with the temperates.

The bunnies are house broken. They are litter box trained. They know their names, basic commands, just like any other pet. We lost a beautiful gray bunny named Portia this December. She would run up to greet me at the door when I would get home from work and loved alot of attention. They can be a little stubborn at times, but they are a hoot.

Sorry to cut this short, but I just gotta check my auction bids. :grin:

A very warm welcome to you!! :welcome:

Hey, I'll be an engineer soon...tooo. Nice bunnies, and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

haha! welcome! nice avatar! :-))

welcome! cute bunnies - just make sure they don't nibble your CPs!

Hi Glider14,

Daffy Duck Rocks Out Loud! Always been my fave.

Don't worry Ridetsu, they are too busy nibbling on everything else.

Hi there

Welcome to the forums. :) I love your bunnies! Sooo cute!

I love critters. I guess that's why I love the people here so much. :-))

hehe

Back