What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heya Ron, I was wondering how your Gubler neps are doing? I picked one of those up at Walter's in hopes of getting it to grow. I gotta be honest though, it looks horrible, like fresh out of TC or something.

My first Gubler nep started out really small. Actually I almost killed it. The crappy soil it was in was causing root rot. I repotted it in LFS/pearlite mix and put it in a bigger pot, now it's waaay bigger and needs a bigger pot soon. You really ought to come by and see my setup (soon though, cause I'm moving soon and gotta tear it down).
The Gubler nep you just got, get it out of that crap they got it growing in and put it in some good stuff soon. I'll bet that's why it looks so bad ;)

I came across this thread by accident and thought I'd add that I'm a new San Diego grower and am growing all my Neps outside. They seem to be loving it so far, except for a few that went into shock upon arrival from a certain nursery.

How are everyone's plants doing?

Wow, looks like you are off to a great start, and have quite a bit of knowledge. Welcome!!!

Back