What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Massachusetts with love....

of carnivorous plants!

Hi everyone! Don't let my username fool you, I'm actually quite a nice guy. :grin:

I have been an off/on grower since I was 8 years old. I've always been interested in CPs and captivated by their beauty. Even though I have been exposed to carnivorous plants at an early age, I still have many questions on how to grow them to be the best they can be.

I heard of TerraForums when I went to my first CP convention at Roger Williams Park (in RI) held by the New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS). I saw a lot of beautiful plants, bought some plants, and I met a lot of cool people there.

I can't think of anything else to say about myself, so I'll just leave this open to any questions you guys might have.

See ya around the forums!

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to the forums! There's a lot of great people here full of information (amongst other things :-)) ) who are more than happy to help feed your CP addiction and answer your questions. Enjoy!!

wow-I thought I was going to have to pull some "admin" on this topic when I saw your username :p Welcome to the forum, you seem like you'll fit right in!!

See ya around :)

Hahaha...don't worry. I assure you that you'll never use the ban hammer on me.

Is there somewhere in my profile that I can list my grow list?

I just remembered to post what I am currently growing:

S.flava
S.purpurea (red ruffles)
S.x'Judith Hindle'

Drosera Capensis

Dionaea muscipula 'typical'
Dionaea muscipula 'red dragon'

Nepenthes......I'm not sure. Perhaps if I post a picture you guys might be able to help me identify it.

Welcome to terraforums.

Did you join the NECPS and are you planning to be at the November meeting?

cool, another MAer. Where in MA do you live? I was at NECPS too, so I probably saw you. The top 3 places in the best plant of the show competition were all held by TF members!

Welcome! Did you go to the recent NECPS show?

xvart.

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Welcome to terraforums.

Did you join the NECPS and are you planning to be at the November meeting?

I have not joined NECPS yet because I'm not sure if I can make it to the meetings regularly. I was hoping that there is a Boston branch. I'll try to make the November meeting.

Welome! Great to see new people joing from my relative neck of the woods. New York....close enough. :-D

Back