What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings to all!!

Hello everyone, Brian here...I thought that i would meander over this way from the ICPS forum and check it out. I'm just an Ol' Cp'er trying to be more computer literate....i guess?:-)) Anyways, looking forward to sharing....and learning from everyone. I think i'll definitely feel at home here. Thanks! Drosera5150.

Welcome to TF!

:welcome: Good to have you :wave:

Been growing long?

Yes, i have. I've been growing orchids and cp for several yrs. now, I kinda got away from it for a few years, but now i'm bitten by the CP bug once again and i'm refurbishing my greenhouse. Getting ready for Spring! You?

I've been growing consistently for about 7 years... and on and off some before that. ("killing" my flytraps every winter haha) I've been on this forum since 2001, became a mod a few years ago, and bought it just about a year ago... Started my lil online store about the same time to try and help cope with the everyday charges of this forum.

You're getting ready for spring? Tomorrow is kinda our first day of winter... Meaning we're supposed to not hit 80f in the day haha

Really though, on Sat should be our coldest day yet!! Hitting 65° day and 39° night. I filled the propane tank and started the heater in the greenhouse a few days ago so I could be sure all was working. But it seems I'm set!

-Andrew

Really though, on Sat should be our coldest day yet!! Hitting 65° day and 39° night. I filled the propane tank and started the heater in the greenhouse a few days ago so I could be sure all was working. But it seems I'm set!

-Andrew
Sounds like T-shirt weather to me Andrew ??? :poke:
There was actually snow on the ground here today, so your temps sound nice and warm.

Welcome to the forums drosera5150. I think you'll like it here.

Steve, you're right!! I don't even own a "jacket" lol That's why we get so many snowbirds.. coming here for our great winter weather and running from the blizzards where they live, but leaving before the 135f summer haha

Actually, here in Florida, we've only had a few "cool" spells of 40 deg. weather. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate with me, balance out and stay cool awhile, as i have several trays of tuberous drosera seed sprouting under lights that i need to get outside. Right now, we're still getting highs in the low 80's....not cool enough for my Aussies.
I'm removing and installing new clear roof panels on my greenhouse, changing the layout and dreaming of Spring pitchering and flowering already! :-))

welcome to terraforums!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: :wave:

It was 74 here just a few days but got chillier over the weekend. Still not too bad. And its always good to have another 'dew fan around. :)

I hope you stick around and have fun.

Back