What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DrWurm

Californian in DC
Hello my name is Jason and I'm an addict. It all started 5 years ago when my mom and I went to the zoo and they had a carnivorous plant expo. We bought a VFT, Dewthread, and some type of Nepenthes, most likely a Ventricosa. I managed to kill them all. Mainly due to my lack of internet use. Anyway, last August my mom got me 3 clumps of VFTs from Lowes. I promptly internetted and decided to grow them outside.

Over the past few months I've been slowly adding to my collection. Very recently my mom got me a 4 foot grow system for my tropicals as an early christmas present.

OUTSIDE:
Dionaea growing with D. Capensis
S. rubra ssp. rubra
S. alata x minor
S. flava
S. alata x oreophila
S. purpurea
D. filiformis ssp. tracyi
INSIDE:
D. binata
D. capensis (different one)
D. adelae
P. moranensis
N. ephippiata

Small list, yes, but it's full of love.

Hello Jason, I am David and I am definitely and addict as well. I am nuts about Nepenthes and I grow mine in a terrarium. I dream of a greenhouse but don't have the money to build or buy one. My wife thinks I am a little nuts, but every once and a while I see her looking at the plants so I don't think she really dislikes them.

Well, once you get a girl who tolerates you weird hobby, can't really hope for more :D

Hello my name is Jason and I'm an addict.

Okay everyone, in chorus: Hello Jason. lol.

How big is your N. ephippiata? I have a small one of these guys (hopefully a gal!) and it is a very vigorous grower. I saw a couple of hair tendril things hanging from a pitcher lid for the first time on the last pitcher that opened.

Small list, yes, but it's full of love.

That's the one key ingredient! I know we've already "talked" in some other threads; but I look forward to more interactions!

xvart.

My ephippiata is a little 3" guy. Got him a month ago and it had a halfway developed pitcher. As of now, that pitcher has yet to open. Got bigger though.

pic sucks, but what ya gonna do at 12:20 AM? gotta wake up in 5 hours

Welcome to TF!

Back