What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone, I am new as of Saturday. My name is Isaac and I live in Utah zone 6B I think. I just graduated high school last June (thank heavens! That place is pure torture!). I’m not really sure yet what I will make of myself later in life. Right now I am considering acting, screenplay writing, directing, anesthesiology, becoming an author, and becoming an assassin (JK) and an assortment of other things that intrigue me. But whatever I end up doing, I intend to continue to grow carnivorous plants, build an enormous greenhouse for other enthusiasts to tour, and becoming an international distributor. :)

A few years ago, after having built a collection, I sadly lost interest in CPs and neglected them, they all died except one very resilient venus flytrap. So I started anew and after a few months of rebuilding, I now have in my very small collection – 5 adult venus flytraps, 2 unknown sarracenia, 6 drosera capensis, 3 nepenthes ventrata (I think) and 2 more that I am trying to restore (I found them nearly dead and completely dried out at the store and any tips on restoring them are welcome.), 2 nepenthes rafflesiana, oh, and about 20 VF seedlings with like 20 more seeds planted. My greatest want at the moment is a Hamata, though, as I aim to eventually grow all kinds of CPs I am looking for everything.

Ummm, I think that is all there really is to know about me so… yeah that is me in a nutshell.

I'd go for Anesthesiology if I were you :) Welcome.

Welcome, im glad you decided to intoduce youself.

Welcome to TF!

Welcome aboard! Nice intro.

Some people leave the hobby...and very often they come back. Just can't stay away from CPs. :)

Welcome aboard! You can check out my new thread for determining your climate zone. Great introduction. That's the problem with addictions, you can stop for a while but it never goes away!

xvart.

hmmm, thanks. I guess I am actually in zone 7? Lol that is funny, now I have been placed in zones 4-7 :) but I think I may trust this site more than others.

Back