What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi,

I'm from SE Michigan. I just created a bog garden last June, and it has been a real success so far! Last year, I added Sarracenia purpurea, Dionaea muscipula and Drosera rotundifolia. They all did very well. You can see construction pictures here: http://jeffsgarden.freehostingnow.com/ConstBogGarden.htm

I am now looking to add other plants, like Sarracenia leucophylla, S. flava, S. oreophila, S. alata, S. minor, S. psittacina, S. rubra, Drosera filiformis, D. intermedia, D. anglica, D. linearis, Pinguicula vulgaris and P. grandiflora.

If anyone has any small off-shoots of any of these, please contact me! :)

Thanks,
God bless,
Jeff

Welcome to TF! I'm sure there are at the very least, Sarracenia seeds amongst our hobbyists.

Hi jimscott,

Thanks for the welcome!

Seeds would be great too... the only thing I would be worried about with that is not getting the true species, because many people grow so many right next to each other, and they hybridize so readily. But, still, it would be great. :)

Welcome! Nice bog blog. I look forward to the time when I am able to grow some plants outside and create a similar bog.

xvart.

Welcome!! You have a very nice bog page!!

Just curious were did you get all of that beautiful Sphagnum Moss from?
Thanks,

-Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the welcome!

My uncle has property that has some sphagnum on it, so I was able to take some from there as starts... it came back in late summer extremely well, and filled in all over!

I'm glad you enjoyed the site!
God bless,
Jeff

Back