What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello fellow addicts!!

Hello everyone--another fairly new adherent to the religion of carnivorous plants. I began last spring. I picked up the hobby after obtaining a job caring for carnivorous plants at someone's greenhouse. He refused to pay me after I'd given him a week of my time, and so I left the "job" but picked up this addictive hobby (and a few starter plants ;p). I've lived in Georgia for a decade without even knowing plants like Sarracenia grow native in the same state as me... d'oh. I'm lucky to have the right outdoor conditions for them!

It's great to be here and meet others who really care about these plants and find them as fascinating and worth conserving as I do. I look forward to learning from everyone's expertise (and surviving my first dormancy :0o: )!

Welcome to TF agentrdy.

Welcome to TF!

Welcome! Sorry you got stiffed at your previous "job." You should have stole some plants as payment! Just kidding. At least you got hooked to a good hobby through the experience!

xvart.

welcome my friend.:-D

I'm in Georgia too!
Have you visited the Atlanta Botanical Gardens? They have the largest carnivorous plant collection of any botanical garden in the nation! They have a huge highland house with tons of nepenthes.

Not yet, but I've heard some great things about them and really look forward to getting to go someday. But since UGA's right near the State Botanical Gardens, that will have to suffice for now.

Your lucky :D
Welcome this is a nice easy to get addicited too hobby :D

I was amazed at how little weeds were a problem when I started my bog garden... nothing in my yard (especially the cursed johnson grass!) grows well in peat because of the acidity and lack of nutrition. This coming from a gardener sick of hoeing, tilling, mulching, black plastic, etc. They even feed themselves! Carnivores are as simple as "just add water", and tough as nails, but I'd always thought they were wimpy and up and died for no reason at all :poke: . Such a nice hobby to get into. Fiancee thinks I'm crazy and obsessed though.

hahahah!
my fiancee calls me crazy as well!
welcome to the club >_<
and welcome to the forums lol!
its a great hobby, i love it.

Back