What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My formal hello

• Thread starter creepa200
  • Start date
Hi all my name is Steve and I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself. I been reading the forums for a few and decided to get in on the fun.

I noticed quite a few people here are into a lot of the same things I am. It's awesome to be able to share knowledge in all the different hobbies.

Well I was just getting my voice out there :) . Nice to meet ya all an I look forward to chatting with ya and getting to know everyone.

Welcome to TF creepa.

Welcome! What are you into?

Hey Steve, you creep lol :). JK, welcome to the forums, I'm glad you decided to join and interact. I've always wondered how many people frequent the forums without ever joining...

Welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Welcome mate! what grinds your gears? What makes ya intrigued? TELL US! :poke: NOW! :jester:

Welcome to Terraforums. Let me guess what your other interests are... Maybe dart frogs, insects, orchids, fish and aquariums, reading text books, hmm... what else is there?

What's your favorite carnivorous plant? What do you grow? Looking forward to learning more.

xvart.

As of now I have no CPs , I'm working on getting some. I bought some seeds off ebay but out of 40 only like 8 made it here uncrushed (waste of money and time) . I'll be buying a few VFTs in the next week or so I hope.

As far as other pets and hobbies I'm into quite a bit. I enjoy insects, reptiles and all the household pets. I'm starting to venture into plant life now :) .

I've had retiples, small animals, cats and all the usual stuff since I was a kid.

So if anyone has any suggestions for a good noob plant let me know.

I'm also thinking of getting some Mantids now thanks to Adam!!!

I got a two year old daughter who is also amazed by animals/bugs so it's great to share it with her and not just myself now.

Well any other questions feel free to ask.

Welcome to TF!

As of now I have no CPs , I'm working on getting some. I bought some seeds off ebay but out of 40 only like 8 made it here uncrushed (waste of money and time) . I'll be buying a few VFTs in the next week or so I hope.

Yeah, unfortunately buying seeds is not the best investment for people who are new to the hobby; especially off ebay. Too much time invested and not enough reward. It's much better to buy some live adult plants to get the immediate gratification instead of waiting several years.

May I suggest Andrew's store? He has a lot of good beginner plants and they are all great quality. The customer care and service is outstanding, too.

And finally, welcome to the forums!

xvart.

Helloooooooooooooo there!

YAY...'nother new victi--I mean, member! Welcome to the addictio--I mean, hobby.

:-D

Hope you jump in with both feet and have fun and learn a lot!

-PAK

A (Belated) Welcome to the forum. Lots of great people here. I think I met u in the chatroom here. :grin:

Back