What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bluebird

Rub my belly!
Hello i've been around on this message board, but I decided to finally sign up and say hi and introduce myself.

Like most people on this forum when I was a kid I got into CP from a lowes or homedepot VFT I forgot which, but sadly it had died because my lack of knowledge on these plants and I did pretty well with a pitcher plant, but it died after a year.

Now I seemed to caught the CP bug and now getting back into raising CP when I bought a typical VFT for $5 from a greenhouse I used to work at and a week later I got one at a wallmart both are doing fine and are nice and dormant I keep them outside except when it snows or gets below 35 then I put them in the garage which they seem to be doing fine both plants are still green and have dormant leaves.

I like to draw, walk in my yard and woods, play video games when not working or have nothing to be done, read books speaking of books I need to order The savage Garden book too before the winter is over.

When it's time for my CP to come out of dormancy and they grow more i'll try to post pictures of them the one from the nursury looked pretty nice when I got it and it got red in the full sun real nice also i'll probably try to get a differant kinds of VFT this spring akai dragon, dente. and maybe another type of CP that's good for begginers too.

Welcome to TF! There are lots of good beginner CP's out there... like D. capensis, P. reticulata, U. sandersonii,....

Welcome to the forums. I'm new around here also. Good luck with your venture in CPs.

Thanks alot for the welcome everyone and thanks jimscott for the recommendations I'll look up info on those and make sure I read up on them when I can.

Welcome to the addicting world of CPs and to Terraforums :). I highly recommend gettin some nepenthes. They are crazy-addictive.

Sounds like you've done your research though, which is great. Always great to have another member :).

P.S.: how long had you been reading on this forum before joining?

Welcome to terraforums!!:-D

I have to reccomend this book if you do not already have it, "The Savage Garden" great book for when one wants to learn some basic stuff on CP's.
Good Luck with your plant's,

Josh

I really like nepenthes never grew them, but they look pretty interesting I'll probably get one someday.

I've been on this message board for around 2 weeks mainly checking out new posts and old ones too.

Welcome Bluebird. And, yes it is totally healthy addiction. :grin:

I'm a little late here; but... Welcome anyway!

Hello i've been around on this message board, but I decided to finally sign up and say hi and introduce myself.

It's about time, lol!

read books

What genre of books do you prefer the most? I love reading, especially science fiction/fantasy. Unfortunately I haven't had much time recently to pour through my "to-read" pile...

I really like nepenthes never grew them, but they look pretty interesting I'll probably get one someday.

There are some really easy ones to grow: N. ventricosa and N. ventrata just for starters.

xvart.

Back