What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new!

theplanter115

THE planter muhahahahahhaha!!!
hi am new here am going to get a vft in spring ive been researching alot books videos printing stuffbut this place is home well Hi every body!!:-O :-D

Hi there! I am new too just signed up a few minutes ago :boogie:

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Jerry

Hello and welcome to TF.

Hermit crabs?? I used to be really into them, but am a college student, and lugging them around all the time used to be a pain. If you really are into them, you should check out the hermit crab association. It's a big forum thats similar to this, with lots of great people and help available. I'm not active there anymore, but I was at one time. Welcome to TF!

am from this hermitcrab forum landhermitcrab.com my user is crabcool99

and thanks for the great welcome:-O

Welcome to TF! We have an Unknownclown somewhere on the forum

Welcome Planter and Hokie,

Be careful, its addicting. :)

Nycti

Hello and welcome,

Advice:
Heed the above warning... many have lost their soul to this site... and we've loved every minute of it!

Welcome aboard! I had a hermit crab back when I was in grade school. I loved him. Got him in South Carolina, I think. Hilton Head maybe?

xvart.

Hey there theplanter, welcome to TF! Great to have new addicts, err people join :).

Welcome planter. We spoke in the chat but thought I'd give ya the formal hello here also :)

I've killed two hermit crabs :devil:

Welcome to TF!

Hermit crabs are a pain to take care of. I live right next to the ocean and growing up we would always take them home and care for them like the internet said and they'd still die.

I'm not sure if this is due to them being wild and not captive bred and use to those conditions. I had a friend who had one live for like 10+ years maybe. He was a kid when he got it and still had it in college.

Guess it's like plants. You win some you lose some :)

Actually, they can't be bred in captivity, and every hermit crab you see in the store has been plucked out of the wild somewhere, ranging from Florida to Ecuador to Indonesia, and everywhere in between. And they are not really a hard pet to care for, as long as the proper conditions are given. They frequently need to molt their exoskeleton, which puts them under intense stress. Most people don't realize that these animals spend a fair amount of time under the ground, and provide improper conditions for their care.

Guess mine didn't like me sort of like my plants :)

:offtopic: Welcome! I'm sure you kill- I mean grow plenty of VFTs and others as well. Hell, I've killed 5 in my first month :jester:

Back