What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Colorado

"I find it particularly amusing that you already have a hobby and find this one interesting"

I actually have a couple of degrees in biology, so it is always easy for me to get hooked on a new pastime involving plants or animals ;) .

Thanks again everyone for all the welcomes and tips. Hopefully I'll have a grasp on things before it's time to plant in a couple of months.

Duane

fertilizer will burn cp's roots its a slow and painful death so don't fertilize.
some peopla may quote me and say i fertilize all my plants but heck don't use just any fertilizer.

I fertilize all my plants.

While some CPers do fertilize their carnivorous plants, it's not something that is recommended for a beginner to try until they have some experience growing CPs as well as a couple extra plants to experiment on that they won't mind losing if they screw up.

I got a whole thing of miracle gro but I don't think I'd ever use it on my CPs. Maybe if it's almost completely brown? Like I got some tiny tokaeinsis. Wonder if it'd help them since they are gonig brown. Probably melt their roots lol

Welcome Duane. I love the cross-forumination!

xvart.

Back