What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not your average guy...

I've been a member here for a little while now browsing the threads and growing interest... but suddenly... something happened... last night... during perhaps one of the greatest Superbowls of all time (From what I hear.) ... I was reading... ... The Savage Garden... in my room. and I wasn't even near a tv.

I'm a 22 y/o guy!! There is something wrong with that picture!! :crazy: haha

Anyways... I just thought I'd announce my dedication to this. And that I'll be here to stay. I'm planning on doing a greenhouse type terrarium for indoors, and I'll probably be a bogger once I get my own place. I love these plants.

Welcome to TF! Was there something unusual about your description? Consider this: There is a disproportionate amount of male to female here and a good lot of the women have scary pets (snakes, rats, etc...) And most of the teenage boys are just straight up sadists. Hence the fascination with VFT's! :0o:

I am 15 I guess I started early :D
there wassorta a wave of peoplefrom 13 to like 20 or so that came to cps from the internet and forums like this :)

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here. Good luck with your greenhouse setup.

Im a 38 year old guy.
im married now, but dated lots of women before that.
I was in a Rock & Roll band in my 20's..we played Led Zeppelin and Rush.
(bands only guys are into)
I love cars, Mustangs specifically.
for fun, I build machines powered by fire and steam.
overall I consider myself rather "masculine".

I have watched one superbowl in my life..
when I was kid..
sometime in the 70's.
it didnt take! ;)

I didnt even know the superbowl was on yesterday until I happened to surf by it about 9pm last night! I was sorry I missed Tom Petty play..I would rather see that than the game.

Football bores me to tears..I just dont understand the appeal.
I like to go to a baseball game once in awhile, but even that is only once a year.
on our cable TV, all the sports channels are "programed out"..so they get skipped over while channel surfing...dont need to see them at all.

when I read the newspaper, I read every section EXCEPT the sports section.
I never even open the sports section.

so..dont worry about it! :)
nothing wrong with you at all..

and..a handy tip..
many women actually find guys who are NOT into sports to be a "step up" in the dating pool! ;)
its a major plus! :D
My wife loves the fact that I dont care about sports..
so many of her girlfriends are "football widows" every weekend for half the year..
they hate it, but they just have to accept it.

probably 75% of women would love their boyfriends or husbands to care about sports a lot less than they do.

Scot

Hey there B Rob! Welcome to TF! I don't really care for sports either, although I did watch the Superbowl yesterday because it actually was a good game. Usually the only sport I watch is UFC fighting. Anywho, great to hear you're a future addict, because we always like to watch the community grow :).

Good to know I'm not the only guy not into watching football. Other guys just assume I watch football and that I know what they're talking about.

i dont watch much football......did watch the super bowl, was a good game.......i haveno problems sitting down and watching most an sports and following along......cant say i watch most of them if ive got control of the remote

Not your average guy...

You'll be pretty average around here. I don't think none of us are average.

You'll be pretty average around here. I don't think none of us are average.

That's for sure. Although I'm not sure about that hellacious double negative, lol. Welcome!

xvart.

this thread is old did we get someone new who opened it back up for discussion???

nevermind.

I am 15 I guess I started early :D

I started pretty early too, for anything, I think I'm the youngest person on the forum (or one of the youngest, B-day next Wednesday, turning 12).
:p

Back