What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

see, thats one thing that I was thinking...maybe the gnats are too small and it might only curl around something thats a bit bigger. Thing is, I dont know if im ready to give my cape something bigger. Its been doing fine with the extremely tiny gnats, so in the past few days I have tried dropping in a couple of very very very small ants. They all put up a mighty struggle for about an hour, and then eventually are able to walk away alive and well. I can only imagine what would happen if I put a large ant or other large insect. Maybe my plant just needs to get stronger and bigger.

Welcome to TF illwill. Very cool way to get addicted to CP's :). Just wait till you discover Nepenthes =D.

Daniel

Welcome aboard! My mother-in-law gave me a Peace Lily that was infested with something. I put my newly aquired D. adelae next to it and a few weeks later the problem was gone, and the D. adelae was covered in whatever it was! I'm sure the old ladies now think of you like one of those "weirdies" like the woman at my mail room thinks of me whenever I get plants in the mail!

xvart.

Back