What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to cp and forum

Looks like a nice forum here. I'm new to cp, don't own any but have been interested for awhile since visiting a cp shop. Are there any good resources for newbies to read up on getting started? Pitcher plants have always seemed the most interesting to me, I have no clue about their care though which is why I don't own any :)

My current hobby/addiction/lifestyle is saltwater reef keeping so husbandry isn't something new to me. I also like to brew beer. I hope to learn a lot here!

- Jacob.

Welcome, Jacob!

Looks like a nice forum here.

Just wait till you get to know us! :-))

Are there any good resources for newbies to read up on getting started?

Other than the years of posts you can find with the search function, try out all the stickied threads at the top of each forum. Otherwise, many people will recommend The Savage Garden by Peter D'Amato.

I also like to brew beer.

I believe there are a couple other brewers here. Saltwater reefing, CPs, beer brewing... If you had mentioned herping you would be a perfect fit for just about anyone here!

xvart.

LOL...

No herping for me. In our local reef club there are a few people who have dart frogs. If I had the room for more tanks I would probably be doing that too. I was hoping you guys might have a "new to cp" forum... I hope newbie questions are welcome on the general forums :)

I was hoping you guys might have a "new to cp" forum... I hope newbie questions are welcome on the general forums :)

We are very welcoming of new CPers. Like I said, check out the stickies and use the search function before posting. Most likely, someone has already asked the same question (several times, lol!).

xvart.

hello and welcome! theres TONS of information here on every type of CP! Enjoy!

~b

Welcome to TF! Savage Garden is an excellent book, with down to earth reading.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I'll look into that book.

Hey Jacob. Welcome to the forum.

I definitely agree you should look into reading The Savage Garden. It has a wealth of all around knowledge, and is a great place to start.

Once again, Welcome :)
-Justin

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TF! Pitcher plants are easy to take care of, you'll learn a lot of things here and the Savage Garden.

Back