What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all CP lovers.

Hello everyone my name is Eric, Im new to the forum and kind of new to CP's. I rescued a VFT and a Pruple Pitcher plant from Lowes about two weeks ago, They were in the small death cubes. Then about a week ago I was back at Lowes and saw that they still had a few left including some of the bigger death cubes they weren't looking to great so I ended up buying four more at a discount. I bought another Purple Pitcher, a Sundew and a Judith Hindle these three plants were in the larger death cubes. And I also bought one more small one its a Butterwort. I've been watering them all with distilled water and rain water and they are sitting infront of a south-west window and under four 40-watt fl lights, they are still in the death cubes because I am makeing sure they are accimilated before I take them out of the cubes. I also bought the book (The savage garden) and have been reading it like crazy.

Here are pictures of the fist two that I bought.

VFT: Small Cube
1000870ho6.jpg

Purple Pitcher: Small Cube
1000872fa6.jpg

Here are pictures of the other four that I bought a week later, I trimmed off the dead leaves and there starting to look alot better then when I first bought them.

Judith Hindle: Big Cube
1000873nb6.jpg

Purple Pitcher: Big Cube
1000874mi4.jpg

Sundew: Big Cube
1000875ue0.jpg

Butterwort: Small Cube
1000869fp1.jpg

(These things become very addictive!)

Welcome to TF!

Howdy! OHHH -- you are right -- SOOO addictive! I go thru withdrawals if I can not be around CP :) Welcome to TF - you're right at home with other CP addicts!

Welcome to TerraForums.

Looks like you are off to a good start. Get them out of the cubes of death ASAP and the VFT and Sarracenia outdoors in full sun and you'll be amazed at the difference in a month or two.

You may want to give them decreasing partial shade over a week or two when you move them outdoors to minimize sunburn. Or just go for broke. They'll recover and grow beautifully either way.

Welcome! I too started with the death cubes and have become quickly addicted. This is a great place to learn and read what others have to say.

Welcome, Eric. Lowe's seems to be like a crack dealer. They give you just enough to get you addicted, lol.

xvart.

Thanks everyone, and thanks for the tips. My two S. purpurea are finaly starting to turn purple they must have not got any light at all at lowes. And my VFT is starting to get a slight hint of red on the traps. As soon as I get them adjusted to not being in the death cubes I will put them in bigger pots and put them in the sun but I want to do it slowly because I dont want to shock them to death. The next thing I would like to try is growing some from seeds.. I will post my grow list soon and I got a feeling it will be updated alot.

Welcome! Nice starter plants and rescues :D.

i thought i posted here.... welcome Eric! we share the same state! good ole' KY :) what city do you live in? i live just outside louisville. in Oldham County! hope you learn lots of thigs here!!

Alex

Welcome the the forums, Eric! The plants thank you for the rescues!
-Justin

Back