What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boulette

Hello to all,

My name is Stéphane, I live in France and I am 33 years old.
In advance, saddened for my very bad English ^^
I cultivate the carnivorous plants for 2 years, and I have a particular preference for sarracenias and heliamphoras.
I discovered your forum favour has photos on internet, and I came to look for the other notices on the culture of these plants.

Your English is WAAAY better than my French, (I'm always apologizing for my "French") and is quite understandable, nothing to be ashamed of. Welcome to TerraForums! :D - Rich

Thank you for the reception!!

This kind of exchange is favorable to me for the improvement of my English.
All the English speakers speaking French are much better than many French speaking English :grin:

Salut!

Hi there Boulette, welcome to Terra! What part of France are you in? I have been to Plaisir, Lille, and Paris. Beautiful country! I remember the food being great, the air smelling really diffferent, and the people very friendly :) I only know a little French, and don't speak it often. Your English is actually very good. I used to know a bunch of French families back in high school, their parents worked for Michelin, and they all moved back there years ago :(.
I love Sarracenia (Sarrs) also, I have an Okie Giant that is doing quite well :), and a self-made bog with venus fly traps, and different Sarrs in it.
!Heliamphoras se' magnifique! :boogie: I only have one right now :(. I don't have the proper conditions yet.
I mainly grow Nepenthes at the moment :-)) .
Anyways, welcome once again, and happy growing!

Sara

Bonjour Boulette and welcome to TerraForums! I took French as a "foreign language from 7th-10th grade. Like Rich, I'm always apologizing for my French.

I love French things... French toast, French onion soup, French fries,.... :jester:

We used to have a French-Canadian hobbyist on the discussion forum who would write a French paragraph for me and then I'd (attemot to) translate it back into English and again attempt to carry on a conversation in French. Trouble was, I couldn't remember enough French to string enough words together to make more than 2 sentences.

Welcome. Before you learned English, what did it sound like? I heard it sounded like we hiss like snakes. Was it sexy sounding? Angry? Pretty? Ugly?

I don't know any French lmao. Other than loan words and phrases like Haute Couture, c'est la vie, and of course ménage à douze.

Welcome to the forum!

Slt! Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy

Jay.

:welcome: My last name is French... but that's about as close as I get LOL See ya around!

Bonjour! I have some what of a French background but haven't spoken in over 2 years. Your English is much better than my French. Welcome to the forum and hopefully we can learn a few things from each other!

Welcome aboard!

xvart.

I don't know any French lmao. Other than loan words and phrases like Haute Couture, c'est la vie, and of course ménage à douze.

You know more French words than you realize. That Battle of Hastings thing in 1066 (William over Harold in extra innings) resulted in an influx of French words to this Germanic language of ours. The elite spoke French and the commoners spoke English. That's why we often have 2 words to express the same concept. All those words that end in -ion, -ette, -ous (carnivorous), -ment,.... are derived from French.

:welcome: My last name is French... but that's about as close as I get LOL See ya around!

I had no idea that adnedarn was French ??? .........LOL!

Welcome to TF!!!!!!

Thanks to all for your reception !!

To answer little has everybody, I come from GRENOBLE in the French Alps, I have regrettably never made journey in the USA but it is not the envy which misses me.
Otherwise I also like the French products especially what is eatable ^^

If certain of you want to discuss in French will indeed be on with enjoyment!! ;)

Thanks to all for your reception !!

To answer little has everybody, I come from GRENOBLE in the French Alps, I have regrettably never made journey in the USA but it is not the envy which misses me.
Otherwise I also like the French products especially what is eatable ^^

If certain of you want to discuss in French will indeed be on with enjoyment!! ;)

Je m'appelle 'Jim'. J'habite en Buffalo, New York. J'adore fromage-gateaux! Qu'est-ce que c'est le mot correct pour 'cheesecake', en Francais?

Hello Jim,
The exact definition is " gâteau de fromage "

Very good French !!
I hope I can come one day to New York

Back