What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MidnightSkies

animal lover, aquarium and CP enthusiast
Hello everyone! I'm Tiffany and currently living all the way up in Northern Illinois, but born in Chicago. I'm engaged to a wonderful person that sadly is over 1,000 miles away in Florida (where I might be moving soon unless he gets stationed somewhere else). Recently I've taken up a new hobby of growing everything... and I really mean everything! Then I entered in the strange world of carnivorous plants a few months ago and have been hooked ever since. I got a dunecraft seed kit first (which I'm still not sure if I got anything from), and from there got a D. Adelae, S. purpurea, typical flytrap, and just today a dying ping from Lowes. I've been checking my local Lowes whenever possible for any Nepenthes and other types of sundews. Other than my plants I love animals, computers, music, and science. I also live a "dark" lifestyle, but just because I may look scary doesn't mean I am... much :devil:

Welcome Midnight..
this is a great place to "talk CPs"!
any questions..just ask!

btw..just curious..what exactly is a "dark lifestyle"?

Scot

Hello Tiffany and WELCOME to TF.. Hope you enjoy it here, you have come to the right place not only for info and sharring pics but also telling us about your growin experiances...

Well scottychaos, you know the people (mostly teenagers) who you would see walking around wearing all black, dark make-up, chains, too many piercings, and look like they're just looking for trouble? That's been me for years... except the trouble part. I've always tried my best to avoid that and was always a good kid for the most part.

Well scottychaos, you know the people (mostly teenagers) who you would see walking around wearing all black, dark make-up, chains, too many piercings, and look like they're just looking for trouble? That's been me for years... except the trouble part. I've always tried my best to avoid that and was always a good kid for the most part.

ah..ok, thats what I figured..
I did the goth thing as a teenager too..
you will outgrow it..everyone does..
(ever notice you dont see any 40 year old goths? ;)

Scot

Well... I've actually seen quite a few well into their 40s, and even older. It could just be more common in my area though. I do admit to calming down with the looks, but that's just from growing older... and lazier :p
I have more important things to do, like sitting on here all day and watching my plants catch bugs :grin:

yeah, sorry midnight..that wasnt directed at you! ;)

im still bitter because Marilyn Manson totally destroyed all that was pure and real in the goth world, and replaced it with his lame corporate poser goth..

its been 15 years, and I still cant stand him for that! :censor:

but yeah..as you get older, you will probably find that you will always love the music, but you cant pull off the fashion anymore! ;)
im 39 now, was a goth teenager back in the 80's..my only bit of black clothing remaining is my "Death" t-shirt from the early 90's! (Death being Dream's sister of course)

but I recently replaced all my original Cure and Peter Murphy cassette tapes with CD's!
the tapes were starting to fade away after 20 years..

Scot

Haha! I try to just ignore Manson and pay no mind to him at all.
I've loved the music since I was young considering I grew up listening to 70s, 80s, and 90s rock and metal thanks to my mom. I would love to get into the fashion more, but sadly that takes an awful big chunk of money that I really don't have, and probably won't ever have the way the cost of living is going. That's also why I'm stuck buying half dead plants from Lowe's.
Lucky I started really getting into the music after cassette tapes were mostly gone :)
I wonder when CDs will disappear...

Welcome to TF Tiffany. Everyone has to start some where, I can remember my first CP was from lows and I still have it.

Welcome to TF! Did you say 70's and 80's? That's my favorite time period for music.

Welcome to TF! There is just something about CPs that get people hooked. Get one...gotta get another! :D

I've always tried my best to avoid that and was always a good kid for the most part.<!-- / message -->

In my day, that was called being "straight edge." Or at least the punks that didn't smoke, do drugs or casual sex were called "straight edge." I always found the punk community to be very nice. Back then, there were no "goths." It's all expression that usually changes with time.

Recently a friend of mine (from the punk days) and I were driving past a club where a bunch of punks were waiting to get in. We laughed because we remembered hanging out at the clubs but knew the kids were just seeing a bunch of "old ladies" in a car. rofl

Enjoy your plants! :)

Welcome aboard, Tiffany. Several of the recent introductions have been women. That's great. We need some more balance to the testosterone level around here, lol. Just ask PAK!

(ever notice you dont see any 40 year old goths? ;)

You just don't hang out at the right spots, Scot!

xvart.

Back