What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie from Oregon

Hi there!

I thought I should join up. I've loved carnivorous plants all my life, and I had a venus flytrap for some time, which was killed during a move not too long ago. I've "upgraded" to a pitcher plant, I just had a s. purpurea come in the mail today. It's a lovely little plant and I hope I manage to not kill it.

I have a small apartment, so I can't garden properly, I'm limited mostly to things that can survive indoors. Thankfully there are a few things on that list. :) Once I have this first little guy thriving I want to see about getting him some company. So I figure I'm in the right place for advice on all this stuff.

Welcome to TF! Good luck with the purp. :D

Welcome to TF
good to see another NW grower :)

Welcome and good luck. There are many CP's that can be grown indoors!

:welcome:

There are more than 5 Oregon CP growers that I know of on here including myself. What part are you from? This site is great for hooking up trades for other plants and you can find just about anything on here information related.

Good luck and check out the NASC auction for some great plants to expand your collection!

Yay, another Oregonian on the forum.
Welcome

Welcome to TF!

Cool! What part of Oregon you from?

Welcome to Terraforums.

Ah ok. If you ever visit Corvallis, let me know -- you can check out my plants.

Too bad I didn't get into this last year, I just moved from Corvallis! Oh well.

Back