What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not new here, but been a really long time

Hey guys, there is probably only one of you that will remember who I am. It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. I decided to go back to college, so with 3 kids, my time to "play" on the forum has been sorely limited.

My main interests are nepenthes, butterworts, fly traps, and sarracenia. I have a small collection of each.

It's nice to be back!

Welcome (back)!

damn when life gets in the way of a good time huh? :)

Welcome back, your home now. :D

Welcome back! Wow... not one of us was even here back when you joined. Cool.

I saw your trade post. Lookin good!

Thanks all! Glad to be back.

:welcome:back!

Hey guys, there is probably only one of you that will remember who I am.

Well I remember you :) And I can think of one other who probably will as well.

Good to see you back. :-D

Ah, yes, I remember you as well. You are not the one I was thinking of though. :) Nice to see you again.

LOL! Who are you again? Anyone for Scrabble?

There he is. What took you so long?

LOL! It's the timing. It's as bad a my luck in discovering a really appealing trading post offering. I could easily be the 11th person responding to a 10 person pack of seeds!

I remember you, too. Every time I read your forum name, I'd think of a danged camel...still do!
It's been quite a while, but welcome back!

I remember as well! Congratulations on continuing your education; even without kids, that's no small feat. From the sound of it, they're still at home? I think you'll probably need plants just for the cool-down time. You might also try Sea-Monkeys. :D
~Joe

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

How come Buffalo Wings are called Chicken Wings, in Buffalo, and Buffalo Wings eveywhere else?

Every time I read your forum name, I'd think of a danged camel...

LOL, when I read that at first I thought it said damaged camel, and I was trying to figure out, damaged in what way?

I remember as well! Congratulations on continuing your education; even without kids, that's no small feat. From the sound of it, they're still at home? I think you'll probably need plants just for the cool-down time. You might also try Sea-Monkeys.

LOL, I tried Sea Monkeys and they wouldn't hatch. I used to paint but then my baby came along and I have no spare time to paint. I geocache as well when I can. And I love to play games on the Internet.

I am 31 and my kids are 10 (almost 11), 8, and 3. Things will be so much easier when the little one gets in school, because right now child care is a big pain in the butt and wallet.

I failed my first class. Up until now I have had all A's and B's but I made a D so I will have to retake Anatomy and Physiology of the Hearing Mechanism. I am going to try to be a psychologist and so I need to keep my grades up to get into their doctorate program, a D will not do.

I quit my job as a medical transcriptionist to go back to school, but still needed money for gas and lunch, etc. so I opened an ebay store and started selling divisions and rootings of my plants. What started as a part time thing has turned into full time, and I now spend most of the day either taking care of plants, packing them, sending invoices, or answering questions from potential buyers. I started out on ebay because that seemed simplier, but as it has grown I am thinking of opening my own internet store. I just haven't gotten around to it yet so I'm still on ebay. I got a business license and even an import permit so I can buy from just about anywere now. It's fun! Even though it has turned into a "real" job, it is still something that I love to do, so I am enjoying it.

Wow, sounds like you keep busy. What went into getting the import permit?
~Joe

Back