What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another from TN

Hello everyone, the name is Victor. I am very very much a newb to all of this. I was in Hobby Lobby about a month or so ago and found a Cool little box named Carnivorous Creations. Well I got it going, not expecting to much, and got two small sprouts after about 4 weeks. This has now snowballed me into doing tons of research, and tons of questions. Oh what have I gotten into?

Welcome! Hope you find the site resourceful and entertaining :)

Once you get into Nepenthes, your snowball will turn into an avalanche, lol. That cute little Carnivorous Creations kit is but a snowflake on the tip of an iceberg. Wecome to TerraForums, and the wonderful hobby of growing carnivorous plants, in all their glory!

Nepenthes have always got my attention. Right now I am trying to find some that would grow good inside the house without a terrarium. I got good humidity but finding a good way of lighting and making it look good is the fun part.

Do you have any south, east, or west-facing windows?

Welcome. Another Tn grower. Where are you. I am near nashville.

Welcome to TF!

I have a big bay window that faces south. Its were my little terrarium is sitting right now.

Oh and I live in Clarksville right next to Fort Campbell.

cool. that is about 1 hour from me. I often pass through there I believe. If I ever have any extra stuff and I will be in the area, I will let you know.

I have a big bay window that faces south. Its were my little terrarium is sitting right now.

Oh and I live in Clarksville right next to Fort Campbell.

You're all set for highland Nep growing. Try anything cheap that comes from an elevation of more than two or three thousand feet. South-facing window should do just fine for houseplant-style growing. You can also try shoplights or compact fluorescents; if you search the terrarium and bog-garden board you'll find many discussions on which lights are the best deal. Watch out with a little plastic terrarium in the window - in the Summer with direct light that thing will turn into a little steam cooker.
Welcome to the forums.
~Joe

Hiya, welcome to Terraforums! :welcome:

What have you gotten into? Why, you've gotten into a marvelous addicti--I mean hobby. :D I hope you have a great time growing these amazing plants. :)

Capensis, don't try to cover it up. this is an addiction and so far there is no cure...

Greetings and welcome here. I'm Winter Flurry and it is nice to meet you.

Back