What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy, from Sunny California!

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
My name is Katie, I live in the San Fransisco Bay Area.

I started trying to grow CP's looong ago, but I never really READ the instructions until I killed a $50 N. alata. Them I went back to the basics, and began keeping them alive. I had a modest collection by 2005, but then there was a death in the family, and I lost everything.

I'm sure I over-did it replacing what I lost, and I now have a mini greenhouse full of Nepenthes and other tropicals, and a whole back table and bog full of mostly Sarracenias. good golly, I need a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.

Along with my passion for all plants carnivorous, I also collect orchids and cacti, and anything odd or fun. I recently picked up a mimulus obsession, and have three different forms of M. gutatta, M. ringens M. pictus and a couple currently unknown volunteers.

I am still learning to sail my 14' West Wight Potter, but you are very likely to see me out behind Alameda or on the foster city lagoon, floundering about and trying to keep it all shiny-side-up.

And I tow it all with a Fiat. :jester:

:welcome: to TF, Katie! :wave:

Welcome to TF, fellow SF/Bay neighbor! ;)

Welcome to TF!

Stop Playing with your Dinghy ........:-))
Your plants miss you .

:welcome:

Daren

Hi Katie! Welcome to TF.

hey i used to live in san diego :) welcome to tf

Hiya! Welcome to TF! :wave:

Welcome to Terraforums. Impressive grow list!

Welcome to TF!

Stop Playing with your Dinghy ........:-))
Your plants miss you .

Daren

Daren, I'm gonna be wiping Coke off my screen for weeks, now! :-))

Yes, I'm a little dinghy at times, but I can't help it. Sometimes the time just sloops on by, if yawl ketch my drift!

Thanks for all the welcomes, folks! Glad to be here.

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.

OK, cool!^_^ I just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong :]

Nice! I'll start saving up some scratch for this

great news, i love my seed upgrade.

Any one?

To be continued....

Back