What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from NY

Hello all! I figured I'd introduce myself, apparently I registered a couple years ago but forgot and ended up lurking.

I grow mostly lowland nepenthes at the moment, have for about 3 years now. Recently decided to branch out a bit and bought a sar purpurea, and a vft last year (first dormancy lets see how it goes!.) Anyway I grow in a 150 gal (tall) tank. I'm looking to either build or buy another tank to try some higlanders and hope to learn from you guys and hopefuly help some noobs with some lowlander exp.:banana2:

:welcome: to TF! :wave:

Anyway I grow in a 150 gal (tall) tank.
What do you use for lighting & media in there?

There's some petiolaris dews that would probably like to try out that space too. :banana2:

got any pictures of the lowland terr? would love to see it. and maybe a list of what you grow.

Welcome fellow NY resident. May I ask where you reside?

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

RL7836- I have 2 T8 shop lights 48" with ZooMed Ocean Sun(10,000ºK) and Flora Sun(5000ºK) bulbs(total of 4). Also a 20-something" Coralife compact flourescent fixture with a daylight bulb on one side of the tank.
No media, just a few inches of water on the bottom and an egg crate on pvc stands that they sit in individual pots on top of. Ill have to google petiolaris dews later, I have no experince with dews at all.

jimmy- The only pics I have at the moment are on my cell phone, Ill take some with the digital camera and upload them. Not much of a looker (see eggcrate above,lol) but gets the job done. My avi is the latest bloom hitting the top. I also see there's a spot to add growlists on this forum so Ill use it if you are recommending.

Greg and jimscott- I currently live near Poughkeepsie and will be here for another few years.

TommyR is from the Central Hudson area.

Very cool another CPer in the area. I feel pretty alone in this hobby out here thats why I joined the forum! I did join NECPS one year but was never able to make the trip for any meetings.

Back