What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from North Carolina!

Greetings to all!

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks, and I finally decided to go public and get registered. I started researching CPs a few months ago. Since then, I have managed to amass a modest but growing collection of plants, the majority of which are Nepenthes. I've never had much luck with gardening before this, but I do believe I've found my botanical niche in growing cps. And watching the new leaves unfurl and the new pitchers inflate is just so mind-bogglingly satisfying!

Anyway, I just wanted to do the polite thing and introduce myself.
My name is Cassandra, by the way. ;)

Cool. Welcome to TF! :wave:

:-D

—And what a wonderful hobby it is! ;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you find it fun and informative to help gain
better understanding on growing carnivorous plants.

Might I also add, that you are very lucky to live in a state native
to carnivorous plants. You might find:

Sarracenia : varieties of flava (trumpet pitcher), purpurea (southern/mountain ssp. venosa);
(Pitcher plants) also the rubra species, minor. (hooded pitcher plant) You may even find the
endangered and increasingly rare oreophila.

Drosera: rotundifolia, capillaris, intermedia, filiformis, and brevifolia
(Sundews)

Pinguicula: pumila, lutea, and caerulea
(Butterworts)

You also can find utricularia (Bladderworts)

—And last, but certainly not least:
Dionaea (Venus flytrap)

Now aren't you just lucky!

Happy Growing!
-Jack

Welcome!

What part of NC?

Welcome to TF!

Jack--That's so cool! I knew NC was the home of Venus Flytraps, but I had no idea we had so much diversity! I feel very lucky indeed.

theyellowdart-- I live near Raleigh in the northern Piedmont region.

HelOOO Cassandra welcome youll gets lots of help here. and you are close to me in va at least only one state wish all your plants and you well :water:

:welcome: to tf :D

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! : )

Back