What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to the forum and CPs from San Diego, CA

Hey all! I have been researching VFTs and CPs for over a year, and I finally got some today. I got a VFT and a sarr pitcher plant.

I am really excited to start on this journey of plants! I have no other planting experience except a dead in-door herb garden I tried to grow a few years ago.

I also got into succulents recently, I LOVE them because I cant kill them :)

Thank you all for such good information on this forum! I hope I can add to your wonderful site :-D

~Kupcake

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TF fellow San Diegan!!! :welcome:

Fortunately, many CPs adapt quite nicely to our climate.

By the way, don't worry, a lot of CPs are really quite easy once you get the hang of it.

Welcome! Impressive that you researched for a year before you actually got some--cuts down on learning curve and plant death! When I was a kid I found that I could only grow two plant types--cacti and carnivorous: I was prone ot over/under watering!

Welcome! Impressive that you researched for a year before you actually got some--cuts down on learning curve and plant death! When I was a kid I found that I could only grow two plant types--cacti and carnivorous: I was prone ot over/under watering!

ME TOOOO!! HAHA!

I have succulents now and I love that if I forget to water they will be ok...and with the CPs I have to check them daily, so I never forget.

Its the once a week/once every once in a while plants that I always kill!

Welcomez Kupckae SD here as well!!! wont u agree that it seems this summer won't be as hot as the past ones here in SD? it will be a great summer

Back