What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

G'day from Australia

G'day everyone, my name is Linton and I live in South Australia.

I've been growing carnivorous plants (with varying degress of success) since I was a little tacker, but a few years back I decided to get serious about the hobby and I bought myself a glasshouse.

Now we all know that an empty glasshouse is no fun at all, so for the past few years I've been going about filling it up.

If you love your CP's like I do, you'll appreciate that no matter how full your glasshouse gets, or how untidy it looks, there's always room for just one more plant....isn't there???

Happy growing!

any pictures?

G'day to you as well. Welcome to the forum.

Linton,

Welcome!
I saw your grow list and have to say, I never saw anyone with that many different VFT's, along with all the other CP's!
You must have a fantastic collection going. I am in envy! :drool:

And I agree, I would love to see them all! While pictures would be nice,
I think we all need to take a trip out there to see them all in person! :rookwoot:

Ah Well, as you seem to live quite a distance away, I guess the pics will have to do. :(
But WOW! Sounds like a great collection to be proud of. :bigthumpup:

Again, welcome, congratulations and good growing!
:water:
Paul

Yo!
it looks like you started collecting around the same time as me, and you've already got yourself an impressive growlist! looking forward to pictures of your collection!

Very impressive list indeed! I see that you're growing D. schizandra ... care to share any pics & your experiences with their culture?

welcome to the forum........a country man of yours and i swap reading material fairly often on hunting and off-roading......have yet to run across an Aussie that wasnt good ppl.....am planning a trip down there in a couple years to do some sight seeing and do some buff and boar hunting in the Northern Territory if all pans out well....

Greetings!

I saw you on flytrapcare. Hope to get to know you better!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'll share some photos when I get time - I lost a hard drive a couple of months back and most of my photos went with it. Being Winter here most things are dormant and looking a bit ratty at the moment, come Spring there will be plenty to photograph & share.
RL7836, My D. schizandra are very small at the moment - about a cm across - and were particularly difficult to obtain even here in Australia. They currently live in a small heated terrarium with some other sub-tropical sundews and Lowland Nep seeds that I am trying to propagate. Growing media is long fibred sphagnum, photoperiod is 14 hours under flourescent lights - growth is slow, but the plants are healthy.
Rattler, here's hoping that you do make it down under for a hunting trip - plenty of boars & buffalo in the Territory for you and all your mates. Spread the word, we really need to thin out those feral pests.
SCDPs - Thanks for your welcome - looking forward to getting to know you better too.

Back