What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:-D Hi Everyone!

My name is Marian (twotut) and I'm from Pioneer, Ca.
I've been growing and loseing CP's for about 3-4 yrs. and I still haven't gotten it right so I was told to come to this forum.
I have 2 nep's(ventricosa) 4 dews (capensis red leaf and alba, a drosera Slackii), 2 pings. 1 flytrap and one sarracenia.
The love of my life in cp's is my ventricose which just finished blooming and soon to be added, a ceph. I also have a nep called gymnaphora (highland). Anyone had any experience with this one?
I have scoured the internet for info to no avail. The poor baby is hanging on by the tip of it's leaves.
Anyway, I live about 60 miles east of Sacramento, up in the foothills. We live by the hwy that's called the back door to Tahoe and Kirkwood's just a spell up the road .(4000ft. elev) I keep my sarracenia and flytrap outside. The rest of my beauties are on shelves, inside, and right next to our huge south facing window. That's the setup I have and it seems to work well for my cp's and orchids.
SO.....my first question to all of you is, do you have any info on the little gymnaphora nep? As I've said, I can't find ANY info on it's care and I have just been wing'in it for almost 1 1/2 yrs. I don't know how much longer it can hang on, ( thank goodness it's a slow grower) so anything thing you can come up with would be greatly appreciated!

Another tid bit, how the heck do you post avatars and/or pictures? The picture I want to use is on photobucket and your site keeps telling me it's too big but it's as big as the avatars you have posted ! Any ideas on that one? Sorry to bombbard you with so much info! But I need to rescue my little nep!!

Thanks Again Guys
Marian

Hey! I saw you on the WoC forum...I don't think that one's around anymore though.

WoW, that's fantastic! It's good to see a former WoC member!!! It seems that the website has been discontinued for some reason. Never found out why. Please keep in touch, I need alot of help!!

Yeah, I don't exactly know what happened. I know the owners were having health issues. I knew one pretty well, and I haven't gotten in touch with them yet even though I've tried several times.

I don't really have much time to help people out, so you'll probably have better luck posting about problems you come across.

Happy Growing!

If I may ask, What's WoC?

I knew that had to be an Introductions thread somewhere! Welcome to TF! You know me as Petiolaris.

Back