What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheFury

Oh, the humanity!!
Hi everyone. I'm brand new on this forum, but I've been an avid reader for quite some time. You guys are all a great resource. Just reading through threads on this board taught me most of what i know about growing CPs. I also built my grow rack based on the fine designs I've seen around here.

Of course, I jumped the gun and posted my first thread before introducing myself. This spring, I started growing CPs, perhaps as a way of redeeming myself after brutally murdering a venus flytrap when I was a wee lad (haven't we all?). Since then, it's turned into somewhat of an obsession.

Unfortunately, I'm faced with my very first dormancy, as seven of my CPs require it. Given the fact that I live in a small apartment in Brooklyn, NY, I'm faced with quite a challenge.

I posted this thread in the Sarracenia section about how to manage dormancy, although I also have some sundews and flytraps that also need to go dormant. I'm off to a bad start, so any advice you can offer would be great!

Looking forward to getting to know you all,
Garroch

Welcome to TF!

nah. not rude. i havent even formally introduced myself. XD welcome!

How rude, indeed. :lol:

Welcome to TF!

Yup yup, I have no intro-thread, just jumped right in running my mouth :lol:

Welcome, welcome. :)

Welcome! Dormancy isn't that hard. Wrap your plants in slightly moist paper towel, put them in zip lock bags, toss them in the fridge, and check on them every few weeks. If you want to do it naturally..I have no experience with cold weather (although my plants go dormant naturally) because of my location.

Welcome to TF! I think there are a lot of us that didn't introduce ourselves. :p A little late now I guess....

Back