What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Los Angeles

I'm fairly new to carnivorous plants, I've had a few here and there when I was a kid and never had any luck. I've kept orchids for several years and recently picked up a bunch of venus fly traps from the 99cent store. Those are doing well on my windowsill right now and needless to say I want to learn a lot more about all the fun plants out there.

Welcome to terraforums! You might want to consider dormancy for the vfts this first year, though it might be safe to skip it and do it next year. Someone else will give a long guide in the next few posts, I'm sure.

Happy growing!

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to Terraforums. Drop by the next LACPS meeting on Dec 18 in Alhambra. Details can be found on the LACPS website and the Yahoo group.

We are planning on our annual pot-luck meal but bringing something isn't mandatory. Just bring yourself and an appetite, maybe a friend or two.

Back