What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newb

Rball

INFECTED
Hey my names ryan i was just introduced to the CP world earlier this year. I live in the adirondacks and after finding the purple pitcher plants and the sundews that are natvie to this area of NY i was hooked. i now have a 55 gal. terrarium set up with several nepenthes species sundews butterwarts and flytraps. i also have several flytraps and pitcher plants started from seed. I will soon be posting pics for everyone to see. This spring i hope to start building my collection of pitcherplants.

And so it began.

Hi and welcome! You'll have to share with me some of the locations you've seen some natives. I still haven't come across any yet, but I'm totally close enough to make a field trip if it's in state. Please take some pics of those too!

And so it began.
Awesome LOL.

Welcome...you do realize that this is a serious disease or genetic disorder that is not curable?

haha yes i do and im infected for sure......and about the plants ive seen. I have seen them jsut about anywere. I live in saranac lake and find them around any old pond areas with bogs around them. A great spot would be the Visitors Interpretive center near paul smiths ny. I live by a pond that has literally millions of sundews and bladderwarts anywere you look around the shores.

Word has it carnivorous plants don't just eat bugs... they're thought to prey on the souls of those that keep them.

Welcome!

How lucky of you to be able to observe them in their natural habitat. Welcome to the forums too! :)

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to the carnivorous cult! :-))

Back