What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

dionae

sarracenia lover
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie CP grower but so far they seem pretty simple. I'm only growing VFTs and a purple pitcher atm but plan on grabbing a few drosera soon. Hope to learn as much as I can about CPs and the search button has been my best friend so far. Just need help from you fine folks with details:grin:.

Few things I really want are Cephalotus and Heliamphora. They are my dream plants:drool:.

Welcome..
Just be careful, CP's are HIGHLY addictive!!

I know. I'm already addicted. I'm a big plant lover anyway so these fit right in at my house:).

I remember when I first started, I read forums and looked at all the people with Heli's and Cephalotus and thought "wow, those are amazing. One day, years from now, after I have learned as much as I can from (what i thought were) easier plants, I will have some of those."

And now I do, and it isn't quite as satisfying as you might think. Like everyone else says, its very addicting, and the only solution is... MORE PLANTS!

indeed.. there is no cure or fix for this addiction. Like when I get a plant in I've been wanting forever, I'm like,"sweet.. now I need this and this and this and this and this and this.. "

indeed.. there is no cure or fix for this addiction. Like when I get a plant in I've been wanting forever, I'm like,"sweet.. now I need this and this and this and this and this and this.. "

It's so true. You can dream of having a plant forever and then, when you get it, it's exciting for like 5 minutes. Then you need the next one (or two or three or dozen) on your list. And if you think they're simple now, wait until you have all kinds of plants from locales all over the world all from very different climates and such. It gets... interesting! But it never gets old.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, welcome! Haha!

It may seem easy, but as your addiction spreads you while find plants that will bring you to your knees, screaming "Why, Why?" Welcome to the funny farm...ah...funny plant far, yeah, that's it! :crazy: :jester:

Thanks everyone. This early in and i'm already suffering from the symptoms you all speak of:p. I already have plans of building an aquatic pond and bog outside this spring. The plants are so beautiful and different and there are so many i'm def seeing how you could collect them nonstop.

Started some VFT from seed and was really expecting to wait a long time for them to pop. I've grown cactus from seed and since i'm so used to them growing so slowly(3-4 inches tall in 2 years) I think the VFT will go relatively fast. Planted them and dwarf blueberries at the same time and I have around 10 VFT seedlings and no bb seedlings.

I want to grow the more difficult CPs like some of the neps and the cephalotus especially. I like growing strange things that require a lot of attention or a different environment...mostly so I can brag to my friends:p.

mostly so I can brag to my friends:p.
Haha, I can't even have people over without asking them, "Soooo... wanna see the room?" I love showing them to people. They're just so... different from the things people are used to. Great conversation pieces!

Haha, I can't even have people over without asking them, "Soooo... wanna see the room?" I love showing them to people. They're just so... different from the things people are used to. Great conversation pieces!

Everyone seems genuinely interested in them too. Probably because they are so unique. I plan to fill a whole room with them, a small greenhouse and an outdoor bog. Probably have a few in pots around the house:-)). Yep....I love these things:D.

Welcome!

Thnx SDCPs!

Hi Sarracenia21!

Welcome to TF!

Back