What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi i'm jht-union,

Some people know me already like SDPCs, i have started growing Venus flytraps in june/july of 2010, and recently just 4 months ago i believe i have started to grow sarracenias, but my addiction to this plants have let me not just to grow sarracenias and VFT's, just recently about 2/1 months ago, i started to grow grow nepenthes(just a few days), 4 pinguicula, and droseras, currently i have about 1415 CP's, about 1210 are baby droseras of 13 different species,130 baby VFT's, the rest are sarracenias, and VFT's, and 12 nepenthes like rajah, lowii, ventricosa, mikei...etc, which are between the ages of (2-5 years old), i believe i have really good experience with VFT's, sarracenias, and droseras. pinguiculas and nepenthes, they are really new to me, and i have had only my nepenthes for just 6 days, so i'm still in the process of learning about them.
My first VFT i almost kill it by giving river water, i almost kill it when the grass cutters came and cut all the leafs of the plant not knowing the plant was there( the only thing visible that was left was the rhizome, and just 1 or 2 leafs), i almost kill it by repotting more than 4 times in a period of 3 months, by giving full sun light when it first came...etc, but it never died!!!!!, i still have it and is dormant right now like my other temperate CP's, when i bought it i said to myself, "this is the only VFT i will try to grow, if it dies i will never try to grow one again, if i take good care then i will focus on that one", well i fail to the part of just focusing to that individual plant :blush: , but i'm glad to have all of them, they are all wonderful!, pretty much i have learned that if you can grow VFT's you can grow all kinds of CP's, except nepenthes which are a whole different story but still can be grown easily i think so far!

I hope you like my little story, and will see what else i found out about using the forums and everything.

Welcome to TF jht!

welcome to TF!

Welcome to TF!

Back