What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Roseville , Ca (Near Sacramento)

Hello,

My name is Ed I'm 32 and I live in Roseville, Ca. About 8 years ago I started collection CP's mainly Sarracenia (98%) but some Nepenthes (2%). At the time I was doing a lot of volunteer work for the U.C. Davis Botanical Conservatory and through freebies, plant sales & a aggressive backyard propagation program I accumulated a decent sized collection of about 1000 individual plants some small but most large flowering specimens in 1 gal + cans. After about 5 years of collecting and cultivating CP's life got busy and the plants reluctantly had to go, so I donated the whole lot to the Sacramento Bromeliad and CP society so they could sell them in the plant sales, to help raise funds. Well since then life has calmed down and I am firmly rooted in my new home and looking to start up cultivating Sarracenia once more, so I contacted Chet Blackburn of the SBCPS with a "hey remember me" e-mail and I mentioned I'm getting back into CP's and wondered if he had any plants left for the donation so many years prior. Well it turns out that he dose! So here I am and will get some pics up ASAP. I'm not sure whats left but once I confirm and make a list I'm totally down to do some trading.

Thanks!
Ed

Great story. Welcome to TF! Sounds like you're getting some sarracenia in time for the spring show too!

Heya and welcome :grin:

Welcome to TF!

Back