What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hello from the north

Hello,

I recently got interested in CPs due to a member on an aquatic plant forum. I havent purchased any still looking and doing research. I am looking for one that doesnt need a dormant stage. I have many ten gallon tanks that the plant/plants will be going in. So i will be looking for help and more advice at some point

Thanks

Welcome to The forum! If you are looking for info of carnivorous plants you have come to the right place. ;)

hello and welcom, word on what exo says, you can find anything u need here, so where is north?

Welcome! Did you happen to see a post by me? :p
Andrew

Welcome to TF!

North Dakota is the north. Yes I did see a message. I will be looking through all the information here trying to help find the right plant and the like. Do most of you obtain your plants at local stores? here through trading? buying online? Can seeds be shipped in cold weather? So many questions such little organized thoughts to write them down.

Welcome to TF. Nice to have another aquarium plant convert. I'm sure you will do well with CPs if you have successfully grown aquatics. Most folks here get their plants from all the sources you have listed, although you might want to wait until warmer weather before you have anything shipped. You will find many experienced growers here who are happy to answer your questions in the interim. Enjoy the journey.

Cool- I "stole" spdskr that way too :D If you have something indoors setup, I would be happy to send you some Drosera seeds to get started while waiting for warmer weather for plants. PM me your addy if you are interested.
Andrew

what part of NoDak......im in Montana, 90 miles west of Williston......

Hi welcome to the forums and if you buy a starter CP it will not likley need to be put in that terrarium. Most carnivorous plants don't need a terrarium/high humidity more don't than do. So if you want one that does'nt go dormant then it will be a tropical and i might can arrange a D. Capensis giveaway only for you but you just have to pay for postage tha's all. pm me your yes and nos

Other side of north dakota... Thanks for the offers!

Back