What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Indiana to Washington State!

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been on. I have been very busy getting acclimated to Washington State after the move. I unfortunately had to leave my plants behind in Indiana and so I stopped in Lowe's today and bought this kit. It is my attempt to get back into my favorite plants :)

carn1.jpg

carn2.jpg

carn3.jpg

carn4.jpg

Wish I knew what was what and I hope I planted them correctly. Had ro tell which way the roots went on the one and the other is just huge.

Anyways, I am on my way to getting my collection going again.

Welcome back, and welcome to the state of the never ending rain LOL
where are you living at here?
im in Downtown Puyallup, if your in the area you should come see the collection :) (whats left of it anyway after selling a number of my plants)
where did they station you at again?
wasnt it at Ft Lewis?

Bottom is the VFT bulb, top is the sarracenia. Neither look to good, but give them time.

Yeah it seems most of the stuff I get doesn't look too good lol. Fingers crossed that they will do something.

Yeah I am in Lacey, WA now. Stationed at Lewis. Was just in Puyallup for their Spring Fair.

Hope I can get a few plants going here.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Instructions said to give them 4-8 weeks. I have them inside my small Greenhouse with the Cube's top opened. Wish me luck. I really want some strong plants.

i live like 2 blocks away from the fairgrounds lol...

Welcome to Washington! I second what SirKristoff said about the rain, but it's nice to know we have another CP grower around here. I hope your plants do well =)

Thanks! I like the area so far. It could rain slightly less. I hope I can successfully grow some CP plants here.

SirKristoff, It is ok to utilize a greenhouse in this area right? I know it doesn't get as cold here as it does in Indiana.

Welcome to TF!

Hey Dave! I'm over on the westside, by Capitol Mall! You should come over sometime and I can unload on you - er, generously give you some of my extra plants... :p
Welcome to Washington! It's not a bad spot to be posted; having three or four installations in the Puget Sound area mean a lot of perks for personnel at local businesses.
~Joe

Seedjar, I would love to take a few off your hands! Maybe even get some pointers from you.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

What types do you have extra of?

Mostly smaller Sarracenia and temperate Drosera, probably some VFTs but they're overdue for repotting so they aren't in the best shape. Also I could part with some common tropical Drosera and U. sandersonii growing with them for groundcover. I have a few extra Neps from cuttings too but I'm trying to let them grow out a little more before releasing them. There's enough here to keep you busy for a while I'm sure.
~Joe

That sounds excellent! I am excited to meet you and your plants haha. I have to go to the Nissan dealership In Olympia in the next day or two.

Yeah I am heading to Olympia tomorrow. I have to get my plates from the dealer. You going to around after 5pm? If not I am off on the weekend too.

I'm headed to olympia right now are you gonna be available tonight by chance

2011-05-19_17-50-58_776.jpg

Which end of this goes into the soil? :) Notice the one with green at the end...

The VFT dormant bulb is actually sprouting :)

Welcome back!

xvart.

Back