What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ummm...hi

Hi, I'm Tamika. I can't say I know too much about carnivorous plants but I have read about them quite a bit and I think the idea is soooo cool. So I'm here to learn about them. I don't own one or know anybody that does, so I probably won't have much to post about.

Just think of me as an observer, a fly on the wall of sorts.

And the fly thing is just an analogy, I would appreciate it if nobody feeds me to a flytrap:0o:

Hello
Nepenthes are the best, hands down.
If you're going to start growing them I recommend N. reinwardtiana red, N. alata 'boschiana mimic', and N. sanguinea "red".
All of these are easy to grow, and a bit nicer than a common ventrata.

Welcome To the Forum Tamika!

No worries about getting fed to a flytrap, nobody has grown one quite that big...yet. :awesome:

BTW...hang around here long enough and in a few years, I'm sure you'll be swimming in CPs.....

Hello
Nepenthes are the best, hands down.
If you're going to start growing them I recommend N. reinwardtiana red, N. alata 'boschiana mimic', and N. sanguinea "red".
All of these are easy to grow, and a bit nicer than a common ventrata.

Thank you for the recommendation.

I presume these are flytraps? Do you keep any other kind of carnivorous plants?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Welcome To the Forum Tamika!

No worries about getting fed to a flytrap, nobody has grown one quite that big...yet. :awesome:

BTW...hang around here long enough and in a few years, I'm sure you'll be swimming in CPs.....

Well if one ever does don't consider me on the menu:nono:

This is an example of a nepenthes.....

Nalata01_5-17-11.jpg

T

I presume these are flytraps? Do you keep any other kind of carnivorous plants?

These are not flytraps
Here is reinwardtiana red
IMG_0995_resize.jpg

This is sanguinea red
N._sanguinea1.jpg

And this is alata boschiana mimic
DSCF0026.jpg

Nepenthes are amazing, when you get more experienced you should try growing N. hamata
hamata2.jpg

Here's a really expensive nepenthes, it's in high demand, and very limited supply.
lowii x truncata
IMGP0030.jpg

This is a flytrap.....the only one actually called a "flytrap".

VFT_4-10-11.jpg

Ah, pitcher plants. It'll take me a while to get used to the scientific names lol.

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

This is a flytrap.....the only one actually called a "flytrap".

VFT_4-10-11.jpg

*runs away in horror*

Nice! I will be looking through that tonight definitely, thank you :)

Welcome to TF!

Thanks for sharing the excellent link Exo and welcome to TF Tamika.

welcome :wave: I just have to let you know that if you do start to grow it is an addiction

Welcome to TF, enjoy your stay. :wave:

Greetings and welcome here. I'm Winter Flurry and it is nice to meet you.

Back