What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from NYC

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking for a little while now. My partner and I have been growing CPs for about 8 months. We started off with a few experimental plants, and after having a lot of success with those our collection has grown rather quickly. We now have 2 shelves of grow lights, a lowland Nepenthes terrarium as well as several plants on our windowsill and balcony - quite a lot for an apartment in NYC. I'm completely addicted to these fascinating plants. My main interests are currently Drosera and Neps, but I find my interest in different genera changes rather frequently (newbie syndrome?). I hope to set up a Heli terrarium when space and money allow, as well as a petiolaris-complex Drosera terrarium. We also grow a variety of other houseplants, my favorite of which are Hoyas (we currently have 7 species). I've been minimally active on some of the other forums, but figured I'd check this one out as well since it seems quite active.

Thanks,
Steve

Welcome!!

Welcome! I am in brooklyn.. Maybe we can exchange plants in the future ;)

Welcome to TF! I was born in the Bronx and grew up on the Island.

Thanks! I was born and raised on the Island, and now live in Astoria. Sounds good, Heli.

Grew up in Manhattan's Washington Heights myself. :) Welcome to TF!

Welcome Steve from a close by neighbor!

Back